A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 31st July 2018, 09:40 PM

Default Looking for new cats

Evening all

Anyone got any S8 cats for a facelift 2002 model? Mine are on their way out and £1500 from Audi stealers isn't a likely option!

Conquistador has linked me to an outfit in Romford that did a good job for him and I've tried Adrian E's friends in Germany but no luck.

Anyone got any to sell or any suggestions for aftermarket options that won't register faults?

Mossy

Old 31st July 2018, 10:24 PM

Have you spoken to A8parts? They are breaking one at the moment and have another coming in shortly

I'd be interested in the old ones btw. I want a duff pair to cut up for my track A4

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 31st July 2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 31st July 2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I'd be interested in the old ones btw. I want a duff pair to cut up for my track A4
I have a duff pair (appropriate, really... ). Just the cats, not the full pipes, and they're a bit noisy, as the internals on at least one has partly disintegrated (which is why they were replaced) Is that any good, and if so, shall I bring them to Germany with me?

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 31st July 2018, 11:11 PM

Thanks but its the full pipes I need
Old 1st August 2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Thanks but its the full pipes I need

(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 1st August 2018, 12:40 PM

HJS cats could be an option, I have these on my current car and a set similar to these on my previous car. They always pass MOT emissions.
HJS Tuning-Katalysator 90 95 0092, bis 240 PS, bis 2600 ccm
https://www.hjs-motorsport.de/produc...catalysts.html

I paid around £340 each.
I got paid £125 each for scrapping the old cats.

They can work without ECU coding with these angled spark plug anti foulers. They take the rear O2 sensors out of the direct exhaust flow enough to trick them not to trigger the engine light. All that happened on the previous car is an occasional fault code about implausable O2 readings.

https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/prod...-fix-angle.htm

Last edited by Goran; 1st August 2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 1st August 2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossyboy1978 View Post
I've tried Adrian E's friends in Germany but no luck.
Hiya

As in they didn't reply, or said they wouldn't do it? I recall they were a struggle to get a response from but once engaged were happy to help

A

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 1st August 2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
I got paid £125 each for scrapping the old cats.
[/url]
Wow! that's a lot - mine are just sat in my garage...

Old 6th August 2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Wow! that's a lot - mine are just sat in my garage...
Get those puppies (I mean cats) to your nearest recycling place asap
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:52 PM

Thanks everyone. I actually ended up buying an aftermarket cat from Catman (google him) for £240. Garage fitted it for £120. Picked it up today and it sounds and runs absolutely fine. But if the EML light comes on I’ll look at other options.

I’ll report back in a few weeks to let everyone know how it’s going but at the moment it looks like a cheap fix.

Which is handy because David at DS Autowerks was advised by Audi they have discontinued the part so you couldn’t get a new one anymore even if you wanted to spend the money!