A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Trims

D3 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 15th August 2014, 10:05 AM

Default Aluminium Levels.

I thought I'd start another thread about the different aluminium levels in the D3.
It seemed to spark some interest in another thread, raised a couple of questions and I feel it would be nice to get a definitive list with pictures.

Apart from the non extended pack and the extended pack, I think there is a difference between these two packs depending on the year as well?
Pre-facelift, facelift and 2nd facelift?

Can anyone confirm this?

I can get some pics of my D3 when I'm in it next showing the extended aluminum pack in a 06 facelift, which I think is the ally bits round the vents, screen, parking brake button, head light switch and the strip under the screen.

What's the difference in the different aluminum packs between:
Pre-facelift with
Pre-facelift without

Facelift with
Facelift without

2nd facelift with
2nd facelift without
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 15th August 2014, 03:21 PM

My 2004 PF, I've got aluminium in mine, not sure which version but I have the silver on the headlight switch, round the heater vents, round the MMI screen, and the centre dash buttons are mounted on aluminium and not black plastic. The rest of the trim is grey plastic along the dash and door caps below the wood.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 17th August 2014, 12:32 PM

'06 FL
Chrome around vents, nav screen, light switch, part of the hand brake lever, near the cup holders (MMI), around the speedo, rpms, fuel, temp, interior handles, arm rests handles/levers, rear vents, bottom of the AC unit front

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 17th August 2014, 01:16 PM

54 FL same as M-A8
Old 19th August 2014, 07:36 AM

I went out yesterday and took some pictures of the chrome on a facelift 06 A8.

Rear Vent and heater controls.

Headlight Switch

Centre Console

MMI Screen

Air Vents, Centre buttons

I need to get some of the cluster and arm rests.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 20th August 2014, 06:32 AM

I've also noticed steering wheels with aluminum on them.

Is that part of the trim pack or something else?
Old 20th August 2014, 11:41 AM

I think that's standard regardless of trim level. I also think the silver around the instruments is also standard.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 20th August 2014, 09:35 PM

You are right manny, plus just did some comparisons and...

Chrome around instruments, bottom of the AC unit, armrests, steering wheel, front seats switches and by the cupholders cover near MMI is standard on PF and FL D3s.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
Old 21st August 2014, 07:31 AM

Had a look at Lordhefners facelift2 yesterday and noticed a couple of additions to the ally pack that us FL1 people don't have.

Chrome around the steering wheel buttons.
Chrome around the mirror switch knob.
Chrome around the door pockets.
I've never noticed this on mine but there was little chrome rings around the centre points on the cluster needles. I should have got a picture of them but forgot.

The rest the chrome looked the same.
Old 21st August 2014, 09:10 AM

Interesting

Found this after reading your last reply Scott

New chrome mirror switch from Germany costs £33
Dark grey
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1912758262...240%26_rdc%3D1

Black matt ~£20
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-Chrom...item33867d9322

Black gloss (this would fit your black gloss interior trim Scott) £22
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-AUDI-...item2ed167dd22

Steering wheel buttons will set you back around £120 for a pair

Another interesting thing are the window buttons, found A6 full kit with chrome as well and shape and distances between the buttons looks exactly like in A8. Problem is that it comes with lights and parking brake switch which we don't need.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A6-S6...item3f278d0baf

I think I'll be ordering the mirror switch as this is the only one listed with dark grey knob which is exactly what I need, black one will look a bit odd

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10