A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 15th June 2016, 03:47 AM

Default Think my flap is stuck!?

As the heads are finally off the project and away for a general overhaul I've got round to some of the other jobs on the project....

One job that needed doing was to replace the perished seal around the fresh air intake as the old one has disintegrated into dust.

While I had the mesh cover off for a clean I noticed the fresh air flap is open about 2-3mm.
Cycled the heating controls but no movement at all.
This probably explains why there is no fresh air coming thru the vents when the solar sunroof is running.

Can anyone tell me where the motor for this flap is located?

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk
Old 15th June 2016, 08:26 AM

Ideally you want to run basic settings from the climate module with vcds to exercise the motors. If there's a problem it will then flag it with a fault code

I changed mine recently and it's on the passenger side of the air box, with a rubber pipe right in the way of 2 screws that need to come out to remove the cover over the flap motor. The cover also has a rubber gromet that needs to be carefully re-seated when you put it all back. With the cover off its 2 screws and a plug to remove the motor. Mine looked fine inside when I stripped it down and worked of a fashion, but was clearly tired

Bad news is that new motors aren't cheap - over £100 - but are available. I posted about my experience on here recently. You need to run basic settings again after fitting a new motor so it learns it's travel

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th June 2016, 08:11 PM

As I'm VCDS-less (at the moment) I'll go for a strip down/clean out of the existing motor and see if that helps.

Will have a look on Friday night for the motor location and see how I get on.
Than you for the info on location

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk