A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > Other Audis

Other Audis All other Audi related chat

Old 7th March 2011, 07:06 PM

At a guess, none

In all seriousness I think it says somewhere they will only change coils that have not been replaced already with the correct/acceptable parts.

I've replaced one on the A6 before, with another new one spare in the boot after finding how bad a car drives with a duff coil pack
Old 7th March 2011, 11:47 PM

Called Tonbridge Audi today; said they would call me back... Not holding my breath

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 8th March 2011, 12:52 AM

Swindon Audi have advised me that my A4 does not qualify for the "recall" but they couldn't check my 8 out on the system as it was having a bit of a tiff with them when they asked it lol I will give them the chassis no tomorrow and hopefully get an answer here

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 8th March 2011, 05:38 PM

Still haven't come back to me...

Yeah baby!!

2002 Aqua Blue S8 with Milltek - Now sold

SL55 AMG Silver with designo red leather and 20" Carlsson 1/16 Utlralight Wheels
Old 8th March 2011, 07:11 PM

Phoned Audi UK, and my 02 plate S8 doesn't qualify, but it does have a recall on the 'shift leaver' that's overdue since 2008! Will get that booked in - sounds like it's the park thing that's mentioned on American sites.
'02 S8 - Ebony Black Pearl, 'Swing' Grey Leather/Alcantara, PDC, Xenon Plus, Bose, Phone Prep, Navigation Plus, TV, auto dipping interior and exterior mirrors, UV/Solar Tint Glass, Ski Hatch, Extended leather pack 1, Rear Sun Blinds, Memory Driver & Passenger Seat, Heated Front Screen, Heated Rear Seats.

Old 8th March 2011, 07:40 PM

Mine was EXACTLY the same response! Believe the recall is to check to make sure the lever won't get jammed in park. Given my current dramatics getting my car out of the garage (pushing it in and out manually) it doesn't bare thinking about the consequences if it jammed in park! I have to reach in with a pole to push the brake pedal down to get it in neutral.....
Old 8th March 2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Mine was EXACTLY the same response! Believe the recall is to check to make sure the lever won't get jammed in park. Given my current dramatics getting my car out of the garage (pushing it in and out manually) it doesn't bare thinking about the consequences if it jammed in park! I have to reach in with a pole to push the brake pedal down to get it in neutral.....
I think you shold get the video of the Garage dramatics up on you tube soon

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 8th March 2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I did the same with a Kosavosan.. Until he knicked my car
Old 8th March 2011, 09:42 PM

lol - very good!

My pole also extends to reach those spots usually out of reach to the normal arm - add further innuendo as appropriate

I should video it - have to get someone to help though! If the battery goes flat I'm also buggered as I need the windows to wind down on the remote before I can put the key in the ignition!!

I guess worst case scenario would be trolley jack under the back end somewhere to lift the wheels off the deck and yank it out avoiding the garage sides in the process
Old 8th March 2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
lol - very good!

My pole also extends to reach those spots usually out of reach to the normal arm - add further innuendo as appropriate

I should video it - have to get someone to help though! If the battery goes flat
I'm also buggered as I need the windows to wind down on the remote before I can put the key in the ignition!!

I guess worst case scenario would be trolley jack under the back end somewhere to lift the wheels off the deck and yank it out avoiding the garage sides in the process
I guess that'l be your helpful Pole again

Last edited by tonupkid; 9th March 2011 at 10:28 PM.