A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 10th June 2019, 06:24 PM

Well done I changed my steering from a 4 spoke to the same one you removed.

I did a bit of research too and as you say it's a minefield.

my car didn't have the flappy paddles but literally within 5 mins of playing in VCDS they were activated. Works perfectly now.

Anyway back on topic that looks great!
Old 10th June 2019, 07:14 PM

On a side note, my old wheel is available on eBay
With Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, Advanced Parking System, TV Analog/ Digital, Rear/Back Window blinds, Front and rear heated seats, Alcantara Roof, Extended leather Pack 2, Extended Aluminium pack, Carbon and Aluminium trim packs, RSE, PS2.

Jobs done so far;

Fitted an RS Steering Wheel, Fitted 15mm wheel spacers, Lowered 10mm with VCDS, Reinstalled factory DVB, Unlocked VIM, Updated MMI to 5570, Fixed Factory Bluetooth Phone, Fitted heated fan-spray washers, Installed Bluetooth DAC For Audio, Added projection Puddle lights, Wind Deflectors, Fitted Apple TV to all 3 Screens, installed car WiFi, Fitted Custom vortex Exhaust

Old 17th June 2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
Damn! I remember looking through the D3 brochure and there were certain options that were not available in sport (S8) spec like heated steering wheel and massage seats. Why Audi, why??
That's not true.
Heated steering wheel was allways available (4 spoke) , in the FL was mandatory if you ordered the line assist (not compatible with 3 spoke steering wheel).
And about the massage.... my S8 comes from factory with a nice set of seats, including massage. But they are the "confort" seats, not the sport ones.

Best regards
Audi S8 D3 Facelift 2008. Phantom black pearl effect, Ceramic Brakes, 20 x 9J ‘7-arm twin-spoke’ design polished rims, ACC, Auxiliary heater, Side assist, Rear & side electrical blinds, Audi Parking System Advanced, Power boot, Soft close, Kessy, Auto dimming mirrors, Solar sunroof with photovoltaic cells, Bluetooth and Mobile phone with handset, Side & rear laminated glass, Leather & trim package 3, Bose 6000, Audi Music Interface, Digital TV & Radio, TPMS, Rear Climatronic, Front confort seats heated, ventilated & massage, Heated & electrically adjustable rear seats, Through-load facility, Tyre Mobility System & 19" spare wheel, Fridge, Alcantara package, Homelink, External lighting package.

Wish list: B&O sound system, Rear ventilation + massage, RSE, MMI remote
Old 17th June 2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon3 View Post
That's not true.
Heated steering wheel was allways available (4 spoke) , in the FL was mandatory if you ordered the line assist (not compatible with 3 spoke steering wheel).
And about the massage.... my S8 comes from factory with a nice set of seats, including massage. But they are the "confort" seats, not the sport ones.

Best regards
Sorry I should have been clearer. They were available as options but not in Sport trim or 3 spoke Sport wheel.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 19th June 2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
Sorry I should have been clearer. They were available as options but not in Sport trim or 3 spoke Sport wheel.
Now it's clearer... and I agree.
About the seats, maybe the reinforced structure makes more complex the integration of other systems (heating, massage), but IMHO it's a minos problem. Maybe there's no market enough expected for this kind of "full option" (sporty + bla bla bla) and it isn't worth the cost of development.

Cheers
Audi S8 D3 Facelift 2008. Phantom black pearl effect, Ceramic Brakes, 20 x 9J ‘7-arm twin-spoke’ design polished rims, ACC, Auxiliary heater, Side assist, Rear & side electrical blinds, Audi Parking System Advanced, Power boot, Soft close, Kessy, Auto dimming mirrors, Solar sunroof with photovoltaic cells, Bluetooth and Mobile phone with handset, Side & rear laminated glass, Leather & trim package 3, Bose 6000, Audi Music Interface, Digital TV & Radio, TPMS, Rear Climatronic, Front confort seats heated, ventilated & massage, Heated & electrically adjustable rear seats, Through-load facility, Tyre Mobility System & 19" spare wheel, Fridge, Alcantara package, Homelink, External lighting package.

Wish list: B&O sound system, Rear ventilation + massage, RSE, MMI remote