A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 19th June 2019, 08:19 PM

Default 2006 Audi A8 4.2tdi

2006 Audi A8 4.2 V8 TDI Sport Quattro

9 Months MOT with no advisories
167000 miles
19 inch alloy wheels
Electric windows
Electric steering wheel
Electric rear and side window blinds
Electric heated door mirrors
Electric heated memory seats
Dual climate control
Auto lights
Auto wipers
Multifunction steering wheel
Bose surround sound
Steering wheel paddles
Interior and exterior ambient lighting pack
Sat nav with latest updated disc
Auto dimming door mirrors and rear view mirror
Interior and exterior led lighting pack
Special order Amaretto leather interior
Keyless entry and start
Heated seats front and back
Auto boot
DAB radio
Digital freeview TV
Bluetooth
Adaptive radar guided cruise control
Bi-Xenon headlights

Brand new parts fitted in my ownership

4 tyres
Windscreen
Genuine Bosch throttle body
Genuine Audi thermostat
Battery
Wipers
4 front upper and lower suspension arms
Full service

Selling due to an impending house extension - can't have both unfortunately. I've enjoyed every second of this A8. I chose it because of the interior colour aswell as the exterior colour (Oyster Grey). The interior is a special order with matching Amaretto on the headlining as well as alcantara on the door cards. I haven't seen another for sale with this interior. It is a higher quality of leather and feels like an armchair. Both front seats have a crazy amount of movements and it features lower and upper lumbar aswell as the top half of the seat moving in and out. It is virtually impossible not to find a position to suit!

I had it MOT'd in December which was a month before it was due. It passed with flying colours and no advisories.

I have done around 4000 miles in my ownership, mainly long journeys down to Devon with it will get 600+ miles to a tank. This is quite impressive for a 4.2 V8 with two turbos. The power delivery is immense, it has a sport mode with flappy paddles on the back of the steering wheel.

The tyres are in excellent condition, I have spent around £1500 getting it perfect replacing wear and tear items. The biggest expense was the front suspension arms - the bolt had welded itself to the hub on both sides and had to be carefully drilled out at great expense. This is a common fault on this model of A8 and my mechanic made sure to properly grease the new bolts so this doesnt happen again.

It runs and drives like a new car with no bangs or rattles. It's great on fuel and is a good all rounder due to the space, power and economy as well as the luxury.

It has all the toys you want including DAB radio, bluetooth and digital freeview TV which has loads of channels and changes depending on where you are in the country.

Inside there is a white led strip in all door cards as well as under the seats and in the door handles producing a nice ambient light at night.

Outside there are leds in the door handles and underneath the wing mirrors to guide you to the car.

It has day time running lights, hids in the fog lights and auto lights that staying for a specified time when the car is turned off.

It has automatic lights and wipers.

The sat nav has the latest disc with updated mapping and points of interest. The Bose surround sound is incredible and has lots of settings. There are speakers all over the car as well as a sub and amp in the boot. It has lots of bass and sounds like a cinema with a film on.

The previous owner told me the turbos had been reached at some point. Theres is paperwork regarding the warrenty but not dates.

Negatives

There is a slight scrape on the rear door and a few scratches on the rear bumper.

It has age related marks but cleans up well. I spent a whole day a few months ago t cutting, polishing and waxing it as well as rain ex on the windows.

The windscreen was a little pitted due to the age so I had a brand new one fitted as well as new wipers.

The adaptive cruise control is clever how it works - stick it on behind a car and it will maintain the same distance behind automatically speeding up and slowing down when the car in front does. Good for average speed cameras etc.

It has a full service history with the most recent one done by my mechanic 3 months ago. It had 10 litres of Mobil 1 oil and I will supply the rest with the car.

I have all the books that came with it from new in the Audi leather wallet.

There is probably more things I have missed as I keep finding new things on it.

I've just returned back from South Wales on a 320 mile trip and it ran effortlessly and did it on just over half a tank.

The plate will be coming off asap.

£4995
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_150453.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	644.4 KB
ID:	21846   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_150446.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	659.8 KB
ID:	21847   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_150458.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	670.2 KB
ID:	21848   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_150438.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	789.6 KB
ID:	21849   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_150427.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	591.4 KB
ID:	21850   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190607_164707.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	517.0 KB
ID:	21856   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190607_164816.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	21857   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190607_164644.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	21858  

Last edited by MattyV8; 21st June 2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 19th June 2019, 08:35 PM

Might be worth putting up some photos of the interior as well, if it was special order. GLWS.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 21st June 2019, 09:44 AM

Oops good idea!

Just added. Cheers

Old 4th July 2019, 08:34 PM

Price drop - £4000.

Old 10th July 2019, 10:10 PM

Sold - at a loss of £2k in 9 months...damn you extension