A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 28th January 2017, 07:14 PM

Whats these LED reversing bulbs?

im after some.

shame about your neighbour but there doesnt seem to any good ones any more.
My neighbour had ago at me for parking over his drive, after he said i could cause there was no where else to park.

I wonder if SGS would refill the arm rest struts.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.

Last edited by ScottD3; 28th January 2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 29th January 2017, 09:40 AM

You should send SGS the pictures you posted and ask. They can only say no.

I'm sure my neighbour will remain raw about it for a while but I'm hoping it gets forgotten eventually.

There's a thread about the LED reverse bulbs. I bought a set and I think they'll make a decent upgrade, although fitting them will require removing both the reverse and foglight bulbs to fit the resistor in the gap beside the cable entry point.

Here's the thread on the page where I found the bulbs on eBay: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...t=10918&page=3

2008 Audi S8
Old 29th January 2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Tony View Post
You should send SGS the pictures you posted and ask. They can only say no.

I'm sure my neighbour will remain raw about it for a while but I'm hoping it gets forgotten eventually.

There's a thread about the LED reverse bulbs. I bought a set and I think they'll make a decent upgrade, although fitting them will require removing both the reverse and foglight bulbs to fit the resistor in the gap beside the cable entry point.

Here's the thread on the page where I found the bulbs on eBay: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...t=10918&page=3
Thanks Tony.
Hopefully she will just get over it and move on.
not worth holding a grudge if it was her fault.

I'll drop them a message now.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 30th January 2017, 04:00 AM

Sorry to read all of this Tony, is it all sorted and you have her back now!?
Obviously pleased to also read you're still caring for that beautiful Volvo 960, you know I'm a fan! LOL

'09 D3 S8 - Most of the bells and whistles (B&O, Audi Exclusive brown interior and exterior paint, soft close, ACC etc) de-flapped manifold!
Old 31st January 2017, 06:57 PM

Thanks very much. The Audi is due to be finished any day this week, so I'll hopefully pick her up on Saturday, all being well. The accident damage has been repaired so only the bumper and bonnet remain - I've had them upgraded to Ceramiclear lacquer, which is much tougher than regular lacquer, so the front end should resist swirls and marks a little more. The closer it gets, the more anxious I am to see the finished result - especially with the right colour wheels.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I had the two passenger door handles replaced too. I'm hoping that cures the intermittent battery drain issue.

The Volvo is plugging away, as usual. She's an absolute gem. Just been serviced and I added a can of Engine Restore to the oil. Holy moly, the engine is silky smooth now and I've noticeably regained some previously lost torque. In fact, I was so impressed, I treated her to a pair of new Michelin Cross Climates and some Brembo pads for the rear. I've managed source a donor Volvo, in the same colour as mine but two years younger. The gearbox is shot, so it won't run but I'm going to raid it for parts before sending it down the line. I'll finally be rid of that lacquer peel on the front end.

2008 Audi S8
Old 31st January 2017, 07:16 PM

So are you actually going to have the car for a little when you get it back or is it going straight in for the carbon clean? bet you want all of this behind you and onto to better times!
Old 31st January 2017, 07:22 PM

I've not actually booked her in for the carbon clean yet. I was waiting for the injector cleaning place to complete their relocation (which they've now done).

I think I might get paint protection film applied to the freshly sprayed front bumper to save/minimise me damaging it on motorways, so that's likely the most immediate job. Thankfully, a highly-recommended installer is walking distance from where I work, so I can get that done during a work day.

After that, I'm free to get the carbon clean done. I'm deciding whether to delay it until service time (around April), or whether to get it over with now so I can enjoy the car over summer.

2008 Audi S8
Old 5th February 2017, 10:37 AM

Well, she's back! it was touch and go for a while because I had the paint on the front bumper and bonnet upgraded to PPG Ceramiclear, which is tough as nails. It took them three late nights just to sand and polish. When I collected the car, they told me they could have easily polished four bonnets in the time it took to do mine. One of the parking sensors threw up an error code and the bumper had to be removed and refitted to chase the problem, which was simply that it was plugged all the way in.

In the end, they straightened and painted both nearside doors and the rear quarter for the collision damage. In addition to that, I asked them to paint the bonnet and bumper. They discovered the nearside front wing had been previously painted and was a slightly different shade than the rest of the car, so I asked them to re-paint that. They painted the offside front wing for free to blend into the factory paint.

I had the wheels refurbed by Lepsons at the same time, a new front grill was fitted and both nearside door handles replaced (original front grill will be up for sale shortly).

KDS took some 'during' pictures which they said they'd forward to me as soon as they've imported them from their camera.

The paint looks awesome, bags and bags of depth and clarity, with metal flecks popping and glistening at every light source. The car looks a lot darker than before, but that's partly a result of the wheels being brighter, now that they're the proper colour. Again, if anyone uses Lepsons in the future, their Straight Silver SP is a perfect match for the Audi 8z8 wheel colour.

I have a lot of work to do polishing the rest of the paint to try and match it to the new paint. I would have loved to have asked KDS to do it, but funding just wouldn't stretch that far and I'd also like to do it myself.

Driving away, I'd forgotten how many looks that car gets. Even the lady at the petrol station commented on the car. On the way back, I was testing all the systems I could to make sure all was well. I was using the adaptive cruise and had it set to the furthest possible distance from the car in front... felt very un-Audi.

Enough of my fevered rambling, on to the pics...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2287.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	15554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2288.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	15555   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2290.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	15556   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2294.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	15557  

2008 Audi S8
Old 5th February 2017, 10:52 AM

Car looks gorgeous mate, after all you have been through its good to see it back on the road and healthy once more.

Relax and Enjoy
Old 5th February 2017, 05:30 PM

Looks lovely Tony, now put some miles on it!