A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 20th January 2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanjA8 View Post
If u can go for the 335d...just be careful in the wet...otherwise an absolutely awesome car!!!!!!! I m waiting for the 535 Quattro to hit t second hand market...!!!!!!!
Ranj, I had a 1995 328i Sport new back in the day, and a variety of higher powered rear wheel drive cars over the years, I know how to be careful in the wet, it's getting any traction at all in the snow that bothers me most
Old 20th January 2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
A little confused

Multitronic is the CVT box.

S-Tronic is an automated manual?
Yep - details on DSG here which suggests not available on the A6 or anything other than the most up to date A4 or A8

If no badge snobbery then the best option from the VAG stable on this front is the Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 CR diesel which had/s DSG as an option. Otherwise, definitely look elsewhere for a conventional auto
Old 20th January 2012, 07:58 PM

The 335D is in another league to the E36 328I, trust me. We had an E36 328 and the 335D back to back coincidently. The 335 was almost undriveable in the wet nevermind the snow. More torque then a V10 M5. But in all honesty, forget the BMW and get a 4.2 TDI A8, screw the 2.0 TDI A6. I had a six month old one for a month, it was horribly slow from what I remember, and you know the A8 is what you REALLY want. If your going to go A6, get the 3.0 quattro at least.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds

Last edited by Singh; 20th January 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 20th January 2012, 10:44 PM

The 328i was one, also had a Hartge modified 535i and a 3.0i Z4.

I'd love a TDI A8, but the size of the car is the problem, it will only just fit in my space at work and if anyone's parked badly (a lot of women work there!), then it will not fit, had this a lot with my D2 and end up paying £8 per day in a public car park for the privilege of going to work. I've even come out of work to find other cars parked so close I can't open the doors wide enough, a problem solved in the Boxster by dropping the roof and climbing in

My idea is to have something relatively cheap to run so I can start saving for a 2nd car, a D3 S8, which won't need to fit in the work car park as it won't be used as a daily.

Having said that, I change my mind a lot, a D3 A8 is still a possibility, Audi is my first choice, maybe even an A/S4, A/S6 or an A/S5 even, problem seems to be the transmissions unless I find a quattro, though that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Last edited by sarg; 20th January 2012 at 10:48 PM.