A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 1st March 2012, 12:38 PM

That D3 looks mint, you bought it?
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 1st March 2012, 12:55 PM

Default Mileage and d2

I am not sure about d3s but with d2s mileage should not be an issue. The engines are awesome they will do 300k easily....it's the gearbox that needs to be considered....so long as it has been serviced or replaced you shouldnt have issues....and you can tell this car has been well looked after and I think there really won't be much out there that compares....the spec on this car is unreal...and the mods have been tastefully done....I think the reasoning on this should be as follows: car bought at 3250 plus LPG at 1800 wil cost just over 5k....the car should then last at least 50k miles...which is about 3yrs say....at which point the car will be worth at least 1.8k even with 200k...since the exhaust, wheels and lpg kit will still be worth 1500 alone...that's at a cost of 1k a year...which really is amazing.

Anyone looking for an a8 with toys...this is the one in my book...you can tell from pics of the engine bay it is mint!!!!
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 1st March 2012, 01:22 PM

Just seen the AT ad for the W12, nice
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 1st March 2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

yep bought it, its off the market and im just awaiting reg transfer and then will be picking her up, will be going to see my friend in wrexham and he will come along with me to pick her up ,
Old 1st March 2012, 03:51 PM

Nice work, whats the spec?
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 1st March 2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanjS8 View Post
Anyone looking for an a8 with toys...this is the one in my book...you can tell from pics of the engine bay it is mint!!!!
I agree its perfect, and would buy it had I not spent so much getting mine to where its at now as daviesbikes one has everything I wanted when I got mine. I just cant justify purchasing it so soon after getting the one I have.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 1st March 2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
Ok so wheels are going on to someone else and im going to ask for £2,999 on nearest offer now i do not want to have to take the car to bits to be honest, and i think thats a good price
Any buyer seen your car will want it straight away.
I am sure u will get plenty of offers - but stick to your gun and I reckon u will get of offer very close to your asking price!

PS: How come u not taken the quads off too?
Old 1st March 2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanjS8 View Post
I am not sure about d3s but with d2s mileage should not be an issue. The engines are awesome they will do 300k easily....it's the gearbox that needs to be considered....so long as it has been serviced or replaced you shouldnt have issues....and you can tell this car has been well looked after and I think there really won't be much out there that compares....the spec on this car is unreal...and the mods have been tastefully done....I think the reasoning on this should be as follows: car bought at 3250 plus LPG at 1800 wil cost just over 5k....the car should then last at least 50k miles...which is about 3yrs say....at which point the car will be worth at least 1.8k even with 200k...since the exhaust, wheels and lpg kit will still be worth 1500 alone...that's at a cost of 1k a year...which really is amazing.

I agree - I would love to buy it - but I can't really stretch to 5K for a 99-plate. Interesting u mentioned lasts 50k.....I have the same feeling, but for the LPG perspective.....I have heard by 50-60k on LPG the engine would have been quite worn by the LPG.....though many have also said their LPG cars last longer than that....
Old 1st March 2012, 06:01 PM

LPG isn't that economical, if you want a luxury car that is cheap to run get a 3.0 TDI A8.
The A8 4.2 V8 on LPG will have similair fuel economy to a 2.5 V6 petrol engine'd car, but if the V8 noise is a must then LPG will make it a little cheaper to run, don't make the mistake I did, sell up a 50+MPG BMW 320D and expect the A8 4.2 LPG to give you the same return.
Old 1st March 2012, 06:28 PM

As a matter of interest, what do the 3.0 TDi's do in the real world mpg wise?