A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 20th April 2016, 11:18 AM

Bugger. Hate infuriating garages and situations like this. Hope it gets sorted pronto fella.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.
Old 20th April 2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
so the latests

after having to ring everyday, i finally got a courtesy car yesterday,

on Monday they think its the pump, but have to order a tool to test the pump, its in the workshop

Tuesday the cars outside as i collect the courtesy car , he says it will go back in the workshop as soon as the tool arrives

Wednesday (today) i take a drive down there and call him just before i arrive, Its in the workshop being stripped down, ok i need something from the car i will pop in, ok when do you think..., im outside , oh and so is the car, in the same place i last saw it.
now they are awaiting on another undisclosed part that they need to drop the engine down slightly to fit the tool. (this is probably correct procedure)

after 7 days i have no faith that its even been in the workshop, let alone that i will get it back for my holiday on friday.

he was obviously embarrased to have been caught out, and i have rang around moving it from them to someone else wont get it fixed in time so im basically up **** creek unless they pull their finger out.
Not a great start to your upcoming holiday. I know the Audi garages aren't owned by Audi, but would it be worthwhile contacting Audi UK and asking them to do something to rattle their cage? This isn't the sort of thing you need at this time (or any other time).

Is the courtesy car a D4 A8 (doubt it)? You've planned and paid for your holiday in France with the premise of driving your D4 A8 there in quality and comfort. You shouldn't have to do so in something inferior due to the ineptitude of a dealer who can't be bothered to do their job right.

I hope you get something sorted before Friday so that you can at least enjoy your holiday, even if you don't have your own car, and then pursue the dealer for some sort of compensation on your return.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th April 2016, 11:46 AM

thanks mate, your right its a A4 , but im thinking they wont want me taking that to france, its too small anyway, the a8 gets completely full of gear, an a4 has no chance, ive got this feeling that it hasnt even made the workshop yet, and the pump rubbish they have been giving me is just bull****.

there is a case for calling audi, they could put a rocket up their arse even if they arent owned by them , but will it make it better or worse

supposedly another part they are waiting for will be arriving at 1400, im thinking another drive down there after he tells me its back in the workshop being stripped down yet again. This time i will demand to see some paper work from the workshop.
if theres no proof they have done anything i have grounds to start calling directors and managers and AudiUK.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 20th April 2016, 11:47 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
I know the Audi garages aren't owned by Audi, but would it be worthwhile contacting Audi UK and asking them to do something to rattle their cage?
Good luck with that! I've tried talking to Audi about poor service from a dealer: they don't give a toss!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 20th April 2016, 12:22 PM

i know how it works, and its kinda ok to buy yourself a little time, if you know its up next, little white lie to keep the customer feeling happy, but this looks like they have done bugger all for days.

you should have seen the reps face when he got caught out, stumbling and talking bollocks.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 20th April 2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Good luck with that! I've tried talking to Audi about poor service from a dealer: they don't give a toss!
I know there are no guarantees with calling Audi UK, but from has been said here, it sounds like he is being messed around by the dealer, and the dealer needs a cattle prod from Audi UK to get it sorted.

On a side note, my first experience of Audi cars was a bad one (but I still love them). The very first new car I bought was a 1995 Audi A4 1.9 TDi saloon. From day one, I had issues with it, and spent 10 months arguing with the dealer about all the problems (from front bumper to back bumper). I was getting nowhere with them, and they just kept palming me off with excuses, so I contacted Audi UK. Two months later, and a £1,000 from me, and I had a new car, the extra cost to me because the new one was specced with a split rear seat and Kingfisher Blue paint. It truly was a Friday 13th car.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 20th April 2016, 08:21 PM

If it was me, I'd be letting Oscar deal with the workshop as he will be picking up the tab anyway. He's also much more likely to be able to loan you a decent car until it is sorted even if this means taking the loaner to France.
Old 20th April 2016, 08:53 PM

Oscar and the garage are now talking, Audi have suddenly diagnosed the issue, so hopefully there is still just enough time to get things done.

Old 20th April 2016, 09:04 PM

Thats great, hope it gets sorted for your Holiday.
The one benefit to an A4 Loaner is you will really appreciate your A8 when you get it back
Old 20th April 2016, 09:17 PM

well thats for sure, its a manual with stop and go , makes you think youve screwed up the clutch, had to turn it off