A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Old 16th June 2010, 07:49 PM

Default Picked up my new daily yesterday

I'm not sure of the full specification. But it has Harmon Kardon, Xenons, M Sport package, 6 CD Changer, Tyre pressure monitoring, Electric folding mirrors etc...

The S8 needs a new engine and I may have to hang on a few months until one becomes available, so this is my noble steed now, when I eventually get the S8 back it will be a weekend/special occasion car.
I was driving home yesterday and completely forgot that I was driving the BMW, then I went around a roundabout and OH MY GOD, does this thing handle like a go kart or what!? Have booked it in for a interior detail from a guy on detailing world and a full service from BMW on Saturday. Then I may get Shark Performance to map it. But got 54 mpg on the way home and only cost me £75 to fill it up. Very happy with it, and pleased to find out, doesn't have a cam belt!
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 16th June 2010, 10:20 PM

That's a very pretty motor you've got there Amar. Great colour, and the two doors the one that doesn't make the eyes bleed. Not been Bangelised
Old 18th June 2010, 07:41 PM

Thanks. It is a great looking car and very frugal, but it ain't even 1/4 of the car the S8 is. Had it fully serviced by BMW today and happy to say it has a cleanish bill of health. Needs a few minor bits and pieces and some cosmetics, gearnob worn and foglight lense cracked due to stonechip but most that will be sorted tomorrow. The biggest problem is the interior, it is filthy beyond words so I have booked it in with a detailing world guy to come around on Sunday, will post pictures when its done, he is coming around Sunday morning.

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:12 AM

Very nice car Amar.

If you want it mapping and you are up this way give me a shout
Old 27th June 2010, 12:20 PM

Hi A8_Doc, sorry but you are a bit out the way for me, unless we met up at a meet. I have a quote for a custom map from a guy recommended by BMW forums of £275 which I thought was good, he does it custom to the car rather then a generic 'turn it up to 11' one. I have decided to do it in a month or two so I can get used to it in standard form and therefore be able to appreciate the performance increase when it is done.

Also a quick update, I have now done over 1k miles in this in just over a week. Only filled up twice. I filled up on Friday morning and I have done 367 miles on this tank and it says 327 miles left still! I have done mostly motorway driving and even at 85mph it gave me an average of 52 mpg with 62 possible.

320D = 700 Miles to £65
S8 = 350 miles to £110+

I miss the S8 a lot, but this car just glides down the motorway so nicely, it is very refined and smooth and corners so flat it amazes me.

Miss the S8 loads, and I can't wait to have it back, the S8 is going to feel 4x better then it usually does getting back into it after driving this I'm sure.
Old 27th June 2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
detailing world guy
Hi Singh

Nice motor mate. Not into BMWs myself really but it looks like it does what it says on the tin... ? (Ie looks sporty but inface isnt ) lol Only janking ya chain! It does look rather nice.

Detaling world, is that an actual company you use? When I google them it just comes up with a forum. I could do with a professional Detailer but dont really have much luck when I try look for someone who is Recommended in my area. Just seem to be lots of cowboys with old transits or old petrol stations. Last time I trusted once of them to polish my car I was rubbing exses polish off my car for months.
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant
Old 27th June 2010, 05:16 PM

Yes, its a forum. Take your pick from one of these: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=40246
Old 29th June 2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
Hi A8_Doc, sorry but you are a bit out the way for me, unless we met up at a meet. I have a quote for a custom map from a guy recommended by BMW forums of £275 which I thought was good, he does it custom to the car rather then a generic 'turn it up to 11' one. I have decided to do it in a month or two so I can get used to it in standard form and therefore be able to appreciate the performance increase when it is done.

Also a quick update, I have now done over 1k miles in this in just over a week. Only filled up twice. I filled up on Friday morning and I have done 367 miles on this tank and it says 327 miles left still! I have done mostly motorway driving and even at 85mph it gave me an average of 52 mpg with 62 possible.

320D = 700 Miles to £65
S8 = 350 miles to £110+

I miss the S8 a lot, but this car just glides down the motorway so nicely, it is very refined and smooth and corners so flat it amazes me.

Miss the S8 loads, and I can't wait to have it back, the S8 is going to feel 4x better then it usually does getting back into it after driving this I'm sure.
No problem Amar, a note that everything I do is custom to the car not a "turn it up to 11" just incase anyone reads this and assumes that is me.