A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 29th August 2015, 10:48 AM

i dont know, i didnt have them polished and i havent yet had them refurbed.
the tyre that was at 39psi lastnight is at 36 psi as of 10 minutes ago. car hasnt moved.

******* car
Old 29th August 2015, 11:13 AM

Most times I've had a slow puncture on an alloy, its been the alloy wheel that's been letting the air out. This is a common problem with alloys.
Tyre fitters will remove the tyre and paint gunky stuff onto the inside of the wheel to seal the alloy. A refurb will also usually do the trick.
By 'valve body' I presume you're replacing the actual valve part that sits inside the valve that we see when we look at a wheel.
If anyone wishes to play around at this, many push bike wheel valves work in exactly the same way
Old 29th August 2015, 11:40 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycaca View Post
i dont know, i didnt have them polished and i havent yet had them refurbed.
the tyre that was at 39psi lastnight is at 36 psi as of 10 minutes ago. car hasnt moved.

******* car
Ah, I misread. Thought you were saying you'd had them refurbed already.

In that case, if you find they're still going down, and you were considering having them refurbed anyway, why not just get them refurbed? -- that will almost certainly fix the problem. Like tonupkid, whenever I've had any problems with tyres slowly deflating (where there's no evidence of a puncture), getting the tyres resealed around the rim or refurbing the wheels has always cured the problem. You may have a bit of corrosion or debris around the rim that isn't allowing the tyre to seal properly.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust
Old 29th August 2015, 08:18 PM

turned out to be nail/screw punctures in the tyres, that i never spotted until this afternoon!

both punctures fixed, all tyres at 39psi. i will check the pressures tomorrow, hopefully theyre good