A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 20th March 2018, 12:04 AM

Me too!
Will follow this.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 20th March 2018, 08:07 AM

It's now 4 years since Audi replaced my complete ARB, it was fine for the first winter but not the next two and is now as bad as it was when I took it in - waste of money and I should of gone back to complain when it started and was under the 2 year warranty.

In my post number 6, I linked to bushes at mister-auto and it is true they are not shown on EKTA. I was going to buy them as I am buying other stuff from mister-auto so postage won't be an issue and I notice they state diameter smaller than the D3 bars - something like 24mm and 27mm but my bar is 30.8 and I think the sports version is 34mm - so I am thinking these are a mistake for the 3D only. If we do a search on the part number given on mister-auto, it applies to many models and years but not the D3, but it appears for the D2 and D4. (also B5 VW Passat and Skoda Superb). I saw lackovicj's other thread and the old ones come off easily enough it's just the diameter question.
lackovicj how are they going? Any squeaks from the new ones? Do they make the car harder or noisier?

I have found some parts diagrams on the web that show the D3 suspension and the bush and bracket exploded out as seperate parts so I assume because they have had so many problems with creaking they started gluing them on and selling the whole ARB as an assembly at some point.

Attachment 18186 Attachment 18187

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 09:18 AM.

Tags
crunching sound, shock absorbers, suspension