A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 18th March 2024, 06:34 PM

Default Northern mini/warm-up meet: May 4th, Manchester/Cheshire border

Well, spring has sprung, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one itching to get out in my '8.

So...after a bit of consultation with others, and some to'ing & fro'ing on possible dates, I think I've got some interest in a date for a late Spring mini-meet - or an early warm up for the main June meet, depending on your perspective .

The meet location would be at the Vine Inn in Dunham Massey - a lovely little Sam Smith country pub - run by a petrolhead landlord : https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...r_England.html

The Vine is a very traditional country pub - no mobile phones allowed!! - and about a 10 minute stroll to Dunham Massey Park.
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/vis.../dunham-massey

A rough plan would be to meet up for lunch, then go for a local drive - or a walk to the park - later that afternoon.

If interested, please add your name below (Brian and Ray, I've provisionally added your names, based on our chats, so please confirm)

(1) tintin
(2) Brian9
(3) tc4332

Picture for attention
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Herman S8 Mar 24 Vine inn.jpg (510.4 KB, 11 views)

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 19th March 2024, 06:41 AM

Northern mini/warm-up meet: May 4th, Manchester/Cheshire border Well, spring has sprung, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one itching to get out in my '8.

So...after a bit of consultation with others, and some to'ing & fro'ing on possible dates, I think I've got some interest in a date for a late Spring mini-meet - or an early warm up for the main June meet, depending on your perspective .

The meet location would be at the Vine Inn in Dunham Massey - a lovely little Sam Smith country pub - run by a petrolhead landlord : https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...r_England.html

The Vine is a very traditional country pub - no mobile phones allowed!! - and about a 10 minute stroll to Dunham Massey Park.
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/vis.../dunham-massey

A rough plan would be to meet up for lunch, then go for a local drive - or a walk to the park - later that afternoon.

If interested, please add your name below (Brian and Ray, I've provisionally added your names, based on our chats, so please confirm)

(1) tintin
(2) Brian9
(3) tc4332 Linda and I will attend

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 19th March 2024, 06:34 PM

(1) tintin
(2) briang9 x 2, planning to be there
(3) tc4332 Linda and I will attend

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey
Old 22nd March 2024, 09:03 PM

We have the granddaughters that weekend.
I've tried rationalising selling the joy of being driven 1.5 hours to a pub, kicking wheels for a while, eating, and then enjoying a drive, followed by the return journey. But it somehow does not look like an opportunity that will fly with a 16 and 17 year old girl Sigh
National Trust - Dunham Massey.
They have just sacked 70-odd volunteers. Seems that they have a dictator running the show there. Who fires volunteers FFS?

Have an enjoyable day folks
Old 25th March 2024, 06:06 PM

If the weather is looking good I could pop over on the bike if allowed??

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 25th March 2024, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
If the weather is looking good I could pop over on the bike if allowed??
Of course Andy! There's no constraints on type of car, or even of transport . Would be great to see you then, if you can make it

(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 25th March 2024, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
We have the granddaughters that weekend.
I've tried rationalising selling the joy of being driven 1.5 hours to a pub, kicking wheels for a while, eating, and then enjoying a drive, followed by the return journey. But it somehow does not look like an opportunity that will fly with a 16 and 17 year old girl Sigh
National Trust - Dunham Massey.
They have just sacked 70-odd volunteers. Seems that they have a dictator running the show there. Who fires volunteers FFS?

Have an enjoyable day folks
No worries Nick, completely understand

Old 25th March 2024, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Of course Andy! There's no constraints on type of car, or even of transport . Would be great to see you then, if you can make it
Great - lets hope the weather holds out and I will see you all there

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)