A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A6/S6/RS6 C6

A6/S6/RS6 C6 2004-2011

Old 10th November 2021, 09:20 AM

Thumbs up

Roberto….I used these guys. Really nice kit.

https://retrofitlab.com/

Zip

2002 D2 S8: Ebony Black over Platinum. A8L Comfort front seats in black (), heated rear seats, extended Leather Pack 3, blinds, glass sunroof, MFSW, Dension Gateway 100 for iPod, ski-hatch, xenon plus, auto dimming mirrors, 20" FE wheels, billet aluminium 'brake block', gunmetal Brembo calipers

2005 B6 S4 Cabriolet: Ebony Black Pearl over Silver. RNS-E, Bose, heated seats, cruise control, retrofit aux-in, centre armrest, Milltek resonated exhaust
Old 10th November 2021, 09:39 AM

I used the same place in 2013, the result was good but it wasn't a simple journey! It was their first S4 cab, so shipped the lights to them in the Netherlands, a few weeks later they arrived back, with faults

I could have shipped them back, but in the end I disassembled and resolved myself - screws were not tight and the polarity of one of the shutters was backwards.

If I was doing it again (and I maybe soon) I'd probably go to EM Tuning

https://emtuning.co.uk/

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DbrJY6yvYc as an example
Old 23rd November 2021, 05:41 PM

Default dim

using the car every day now and so last night it was like driving with a torch..
1 headlight was flashing ,like trying to work
so ive replaced that bulb and its so much better, im going to replace the other tommorow too
i think that will cure it...
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:38 PM

What lights do you have in your C6? If they're non-AFS, the projector can be un screwed and replaced from the back. All fairly easy. I would certainly look at retro fitting new projectors because the originals are Hella E55, known for being $h!t, and highly likely they are misted or burnt. I also have a 2010 C6 with AFS and I'm going to down grade them as retro fitting new projectors to AFS units requires separating the front lense, almost hacking apart the headlight housing.

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
using the car every day now and so last night it was like driving with a torch..
Call that dim? try driving a Fiat Coupe in the dark - after our last Northern mini-meet, Nick asked me how it felt to be driving back in the dark with the road lit by candlepower

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Call that dim? try driving a Fiat Coupe in the dark - after our last Northern mini-meet, Nick asked me how it felt to be driving back in the dark with the road lit by candlepower
I felt a bi guilty about that afterwards. Sorry But to be clear () It was just one candle and not one of those big church type but one off a birthday cake
Old 24th November 2021, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
What lights do you have in your C6? If they're non-AFS, the projector can be un screwed and replaced from the back. All fairly easy. I would certainly look at retro fitting new projectors because the originals are Hella E55, known for being $h!t, and highly likely they are misted or burnt. I also have a 2010 C6 with AFS and I'm going to down grade them as retro fitting new projectors to AFS units requires separating the front lense, almost hacking apart the headlight housing.
how do i find out which type they are ?
sounds interesting
also can i do them in situ?
Old 24th November 2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
sounds interesting
also can i do them in situ?
Do your headlights swivel when you turn a corner? If yes, these will be bi-xenon AFS. You can also check from a VCDS scan. Here's a strip down video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lwGLw8eppi4

Now watch the difference for xenon / bi-xenon. Nice and easy straight out of the back! And retro fit projectors have the same bolt patterns as the old Hella E55's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7recdjFF0

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 24th November 2021, 11:46 AM

no swiveling at all

my A8 has those and i think Adaptive Headlights is the description

ive watched a few videos now and havent seen my type of bulbs in any of them

Last edited by roberto; 24th November 2021 at 12:08 PM.
Old 24th November 2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Can you still read the build sticker? If so, the standard xenon has the PR code 8Q3 and the xenon with swivelling action has the PR code 8Q6.

Since you've mentioned no swivelling, that would imply your's are 8Q3.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds