Default Has anybody got or used Warranty Wise

im thinking of going with them with my next car
anybody got any experience with them?
good or bad

or any other recomendations?
cheers
Old 4th December 2021, 03:27 PM

Default Google says...

None personally, but their TrustPilot and Feefo ratings seem pretty good overall here: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.warrantywise.co.uk and
here: https://www.feefo.com/en-GB/reviews/...timeFrame=YEAR which is consistent with what I can recall from feedback on forums generally, although most of the positive comments above seem to be general/to do with setting up the policy, rather than claims

Their feedback in terms of actually making a claim seems less good, however (see here: https://www.reviewcentre.com/car_ins...eviews_2147450), and their feedback on Pistonheads is a bit, err..., mixed.

Following with interest to see what others say...I generally take the view that keeping some money aside for unexpected bills is probably cheaper in the long run than insuring for everything.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 5th December 2021, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
I generally take the view that keeping some money aside for unexpected bills is probably cheaper in the long run than insuring for everything.
This, all day long
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 5th December 2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
This, all day long
TBH
seems a good idea that, i must admit ive always maintained and repaired my own cars,saving a fortune over the years
its just if i spend like £60,000 on an Audi from an independent garage i feel a bit vulnerable with an after market warranty of like 3 months..
Old 5th December 2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
TBH
seems a good idea that, i must admit ive always maintained and repaired my own cars,saving a fortune over the years
its just if i spend like £60,000 on an Audi from an independent garage i feel a bit vulnerable with an after market warranty of like 3 months..
I just wouldn't, I'd rather find a similar car through the approved used schemes - not flawless, but does give some level of protection - the extra cost to buy is worth that peace of mind, which is why I usually only buy upto 1 year olds for my daily driver, such that I get at least 2 years' worth of manufacturer warranty
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 5th December 2021, 02:30 PM

Just take out the Audi warranty - assuming the history is all current and age/mileage fit the criteria, then you're good to go and no issues getting things fixed by main dealers then.

We had it for a couple of years on our S5 as insurance against a box failure or something similarly wallet emptying, as we bought that from a small indy dealer at 2.5 years old (I'd been dealing with the previous owner as a private sale, but he wanted his FFRR there and then and wasn't prepared to wait a week while we moved money around to pay for it). We only went for named component cover rather than fully comp as was only worried about the really expensive bits going wrong.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 7th December 2021, 12:03 AM

Default Warranty wise

I had a p46 Range Rover years ago, took out warranty with WW. Useless tbh, they sell you everything in the beginning but when it comes to claim they try to wiggle out. My car was leaking coolant and so every so often would throw error, they said that the warranty does not cover unless broken down! They also warn you that if it’s not a warranty item that has caused it then they will send me the bill. Told them to shove it afterwards. I rather take out warranty with AA on old cars as they cover up to £500 per claim with £50 excess. Just my 2p

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 7th December 2021, 12:19 AM

I'm with Tintin. Self insurance is the best way to go. Just keep an account for repairs and pay into it each month. If you're lucky like me and find an excellent local mechanic then you might have enough to buy another car in that account in a few years. My personal view is avoid main dealers for anything

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey