A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 14th January 2022, 05:19 PM

Default Brake uppgrade FL

Hello i am working on upgrading my brakes on my 2001 A8L and so far i am working on c6 s6 385 mm front brakes but i dont know exactly what to do for the rear but i want to get the 335 mm brakes from the vw phaeton v10 tdi it seems i could make the caliper and disc work with possibly some spacers and longer bolts or machining the caliper carrier but it seems most people doing rear upgrades use the LWB e brake cable but my issue is my car already is a LWB so thats not an option does anyone have an idea for how to fix this? Could just cutting and extending the cable be possible? The phaeton caliper also looks like it positions the ebrake part of the caliper differently but can't tell if its beneficial of just makes it sit even further away.
Old 15th January 2022, 08:19 PM

My advice would be to cross MJ's palms with some 'silver' and purchase that water jet-cut aluminium brake block - a very worthwhile upgrade. It will make your A8L feel like it's got a new set of brakes. I was very impressed with the added performance.

In my opinion, it's a much cheaper option before you start looking at other braking systems.

Cheers
John G
Old 16th January 2022, 02:32 PM

Thanks but the thing is i already have the s6 front brakes Done. It was only 150£ More than replacing the current old setup so doing it was a no brainer. And some phaeton caliper carriers are only 50£ shipped and discs/pads cost almost the same as what came on my car. So these are really cheap upgrades. But i will also be doing a brake block. Can that be purchased from someone on here?
Old 17th January 2022, 06:53 AM

Yes, approach Mikki-Jayne or MJ (also known as the D2 Doctor) for the aluminium brake block upgrade.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/member.php?u=1870

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15947