A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 17th March 2022, 11:57 AM

Default FOR SALE: Private Plate for S8

Maybe the ultimate S8 plate?

‘S8 LOL’ on retention certificate so ready to go.

£2500
Old 17th March 2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Maybe the ultimate S8 plate?

‘S8 LOL’ on retention certificate so ready to go.

£2500
Nice - though I thought you'd typed LOL after the price . Seriously though, GLWTS, I'm sure there's someone out there that this is just right for

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 1st April 2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Nice - though I thought you'd typed LOL after the price . Seriously though, GLWTS, I'm sure there's someone out there that this is just right for
Thanks

Got a lot of positive comments when I was out and about. Petrolheads especially knew it was the right plate on the right car and no silly spacing/screw heads needed.

Sadly the car is now sold as I’m now looking at getting into a B8 RS4 Avant but have loved every minute of the past 9 years’ ownership of the old girl.

D2 S8 is a very hard car to replace!! If a mint condition Ebony Black FE ever comes up for sale in the future I’d be very, very tempted to jump back in

If the plate doesn’t sell and I do end up in a black FE in the future, of course S8 LOL will go straight on it!

Last edited by Green Goblin; 1st April 2022 at 09:40 AM.
Old 1st April 2022, 10:31 AM

You'd have to really want LOL in the plate - going rate for S8 plates appears to be £400-900 asking price on ebay. The only completed sale one went for an offer under the £600 asking price.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 1st April 2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post

D2 S8 is a very hard car to replace!! If a mint condition Ebony Black FE ever comes up for sale in the future I’d be very, very tempted to jump back in

If the plate doesn’t sell and I do end up in a black FE in the future, of course S8 LOL will go straight on it!

Sadly, mine's a Brilliant Black one, so wouldn't qualify ...

(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 1st April 2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
You'd have to really want LOL in the plate - going rate for S8 plates appears to be £400-900 asking price on ebay. The only completed sale one went for an offer under the £600 asking price.
…and those cheaper plates have totally random, meaningless letters. Not a remotely fair comparison. LOL is a common acronym and spellable words and acronyms are usually worth much more.

Bottom line - it’s worth what someone will pay for it since it’s completely unique. There is only one of it. No such thing as a ‘going rate’ for private number plates either.

Last edited by Green Goblin; 1st April 2022 at 10:40 PM.
Old 21st April 2022, 12:44 PM

i doubt the generation that want Lol on a number plate will be owning an S8
Old 21st April 2022, 12:48 PM

I want lol on a number plate! But, a number plate is a long way down the list of things I can buy for £2500.
Old 21st April 2022, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
i doubt the generation that want Lol on a number plate will be owning an S8
I might - but I already have a perfectly respectable one that cost about 1/10 of this price

Old 10th July 2022, 12:04 PM

Price now lowered to £1500