A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 5th April 2017, 11:23 AM

Default Toxin Tax

So those of use that have 13+ year old petrol cars will soon be pegged as the same level of environmental destroyers as diesel owners, great, just great.

Tintin, looks like you're on the money but the Fiat has to stay away from LDN!

PM hints at help for diesel car owners over 'toxin tax'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39499331

'09 D3 S8 - Most of the bells and whistles (B&O, Audi Exclusive brown interior and exterior paint, soft close, ACC etc) de-flapped manifold!
Old 5th April 2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audidothat View Post
So those of use that have 13+ year old petrol cars will soon be pegged as the same level of environmental destroyers as diesel owners, great, just great.

Tintin, looks like you're on the money but the Fiat has to stay away from LDN!

PM hints at help for diesel car owners over 'toxin tax'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39499331
Thanks - I'll never buy another ICE car again - apart from Ian's A2 (though several others are very tempting...), and it doesn't mean that I won't miss the growl of a V8, or that I'll get rid of either of my petrol cars. I never liked diesels, though the one I did have undoubtedly saved my life. And I'd just be happy to get my Fiat off SORN atm...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 5th April 2017, 01:26 PM

I wouldn't read too much into press articles until the revised air quality plan is published this month (there's an impending deadline to meet the Supreme Court requirement). I suspect even that will be quite high level, but it's then up to the CAZs to come up with their plans to meet the targets.

It's fair to say the courts didn't think much of the air quality plan v1.0, which was only intended to apply to heavy duty vehicles, so it's a reasonable working assumption that cars will be impacted by v2.0

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 7th April 2017, 05:21 PM

Oh dear. That's bad news for my Volvo... Time to move.

2008 Audi S8