A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th August 2018, 02:35 AM

Default No suspension!

Hi All
Went out to go shopping a couple of weeks ago and when I drove off I had no air suspension ! Must admit it was still a smoother ride than my brothers 307!
Searched the forum and found a sticky from Glync that solved my problem. Shout out to Glync for posting originally.
Changed the fuse (which was blown) but it blew immediately so I knew it was the compressor. I went for an ASUS unit direct from Germany which came with a new relay and all the electrics. My Brother has his own workshop (Anro Motors in Dover) so fitted it for me. All is now back to normal. I would not have known where to start looking had it not been for the forum and the more experienced amoung you taking the time to post solutions to problems that arise.
So twin pack of 40amp fuses £2.88 + £260 for compressor delivered from Germany + £40 (don't forget he's my brother!) to fit and I'm £303 down which I think is a bargain!!
This forum is bloody AWESOME. Thanks again to Glync for this particular fix but to you all for your continued support with all of our 8 problems.
Sorry I have no photo's but as I said my brother fitted for me.
Cheers
Blakey