A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Everything Else

D4 - Everything Else Holding forum for all D4 banter until membership grows and we'll expand out

Old 8th February 2016, 01:47 PM

That will remap nicely... 420 BHP and 900-1000Nm
Old 8th February 2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
The trick here is not really to drive it, but rest your hands on the wheel and accept that it knows best. If you try and drive, you're fighting it, and it does feel like something's terribly wrong with the steering rack
That makes sense, until it looses track of the lane markings! Like I said, preferred it switched off personally! It is on the A7 I have this week anyway
Old 8th February 2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
'night vision' - The only 'safety device' that you have to manually fumble on the lower dashboard to enable each time you remember you want it = just for bling

Works better in winter where the differential temperatures are higher - In peak summer when clothed pedestrians / dogs are approaching the ambient air, its not so clean visually (but never failed to work I might add).

Really interesting in the rain too, as rain 'paints' everything the same temperature and its a bit of a wash out....
Agreed again, maybe useful in fog!? maybe.....
Old 8th February 2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
That will remap nicely... 420 BHP and 900-1000Nm
Remap on the latest engines is apparently quite complex, and probably not entirely necessary
Old 8th February 2016, 04:12 PM

Oh I don't know... I wouldn't call an extra 200 Nm of torque and a few extra ponies "unnecessary"
Old 8th February 2016, 04:36 PM

Njoy every minute of your new A8 Glync, looks great
Old 8th February 2016, 05:06 PM

Sexy

2002 D2 S8 Misano Red
1996 Volvo 850R Estate Red
2013 Mercedes C63 AMG (taxi)
1991 Lotus Carlton Imperial Green
Old 8th February 2016, 08:06 PM

Thanks Lads
Really pleased with her and the good old DVLA allowed me to shift my plate online today. So first thing tomorrow I will be sorting that out, the new online system is mega quick, informed them Thursday online of me buying the car V5 arrived today

She is hardly run in but the pick up at speed is addictive, I waited for a Range Rover to move out of the outside lane today around normal speed I dropped her into sport and gave the throttle a reasonable shove and my god she sat down on her arse and took off like she was pulling away from the kerb...no drama just an enormous shove in the back

I haven't got night vision, only thing I would have liked to have had extra was the head up display but I don't think the Audi one is that good tbh compared with some others. I love the seats and the heated screen, and this online connect is useful for sending address's to the sat nav. Google maps take a while to load as the connection only supports 3g I guess the d5 will get a more updated system like the TT. But for me this is a great piece of kit.

Just want to get some mud flaps on the front before the lower doors get a hammering my last one got badly marked in a short space of time before I stuck some mud flaps on it too late really. £85 from Audi

Tried the lane assist, seems to work but I cant see me using it unless I get bored on a long run. I am too much of a control freak!
My normal run into work 20 miles varied roads and town traffic saw me getting low 30's where the 3 litre would have been 38 ish so nothing dramatically different and frankly the shove in the back and sound is worth every penny spent at the fuel station Also the colder weather starts always hammered the previous 8 which would get above 40 in the summer on the same run. I shall know more when get in some good runs.
I'll post up some pictures of the interior when I upload some off the camera managed to wire in the dash cam this weekend, nice and neat, as I hate wires dangling about.
Thanks again for all the responses
Glyn
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012