Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	23088  
Old 2nd April 2020, 05:48 PM

Parcel shelf speaker mount?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 2nd April 2020, 05:49 PM

Close, wrong end
Old 2nd April 2020, 05:53 PM

You're not putting "bad boy" woofers under the bonnet are you?

To be fair there's no scale on that drawing.....

Maybe start a quiz in a new thread?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 2nd April 2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2nd April 2020, 06:16 PM

Just a little CV19 footnote as a pair of over-70s who have been avoiding anyone for some time now and avoiding shopping as far as possible.

After whinging forcefully at and about Sainsbury's who "said" they were prioritising firstly the extremely vulnerable (using the Government/NHS register) which we all applaud, and secondly over-70s told to stay at home if at all possible (which they actually weren't!) I "think" they've got their act together, or are beginning to. No-one said it would be easy but over-promising in this situation is disastrous.

We've used the "phone-in" registration which is largely automated (well done Sainsbury's IT people ) and got an automated text message acknowledgement a couple of days later. Then after a couple more days we magically have access and plenty of available delivery slots over the next few days, none further out.
Booked our first-ever online delivery this afternoon (Beverley usually goes to the shop, but the over-70s pitifully-inadequate hour she tried the other day was literally a "scrum"! ) and it's coming tomorrow evening. Phew!

And so far they are ahead of the game, no other major supermarket is doing this. Some are working on the Government list but that's all as far as I can see.

The best Tesco can do is say on their web site
Quote:
We ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so, instead of shopping online, to help us prioritise slots for more vulnerable customers.
- well that'll work, won't it!

Prices online seem to be higher than in-store, but maybe they're not and this is just the start of the inevitable inflation.....

Last edited by HPsauce; 2nd April 2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 2nd April 2020, 06:48 PM

Tesco do have a vulnerable and elderly hour 9-10 Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and have said by email they are giving online priority to the same people. I have delivery accounts with both Tesco and Sainsbury so get comms from both and tbh the messaging is much the same. Odd that Tesco aren't being clear on their site though.
Old 2nd April 2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Tesco do have a vulnerable and elderly hour 9-10 Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and have said by email they are giving online priority to the same people. I have delivery accounts with both Tesco and Sainsbury so get comms from both and tbh the messaging is much the same. Odd that Tesco aren't being clear on their site though.
What good is vulnerable and elderly hour 9-10 when vulnerable and elderly are supposed to stay at home for 12 weeks?

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 2nd April 2020, 07:43 PM

Well I did wonder that. With them opening 7 the shelves are nearly empty by 9 anyway.
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:30 PM

There is no online priority yet at Tesco for over-70s. Might be getting there with the extremely vulnerable NHS list though.....
Old 3rd April 2020, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I hope we can have antibody tests soon and be declared immune. I do wonder if millions in the UK have had it and not realised.
There is absolutely no evidence that having alrady had it makes you immune.

It's highly unlikely, given that there are different strains etc.

Does getting the flu make you immune to getting the flu again??
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011