A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Trims

D3 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 7th February 2017, 05:43 PM

My 2004 D3 didn't have them but I ordered 2 pairs for the rear seat from my local dealer and retrofitted them. The threaded bolt holes behind the bottom of the rear backrest were already there. You just need the isofix brackets and bolts. They weren't expensive and took 20mins to fit. Take care when removing the rear seat bench as there are cables underneath.
Old 7th February 2017, 06:32 PM

I removed the bench and had a better look.
Found them tight up to the backrest.

Not bothered about the front but I will check

Is there meant to be some guide it protective parts around them?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th February 2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2.0E View Post
My 2004 D3 didn't have them but I ordered 2 pairs for the rear seat from my local dealer and retrofitted them.
They look easy to fit and I found some on sale by A8Parts on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Automotiv...ts/B00NGZMMOS/
EDIT** pulled the squab up at the front to unlatch it and slid forward an inch to make a gap between squab and backrest and YES! pristine ISOFIX hiding there, so my MY 2006 LWB has them afterall.

Last edited by snapdragon; 21st February 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 7th February 2017, 07:32 PM

One option is to use these plastic "guides" that clip onto the isofix bar. They protect the upholstery from scratches and make it a little easier to find the isofix mounting points. They dont look the best though.
Part No. is 8L0019233. They came included with maxi-cosi isofix bases at one stage, I was amazed to see VAG logos and part numbers on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5248.PNG
Views:	405
Size:	601.5 KB
ID:	15595  
Old 10th February 2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2.0E View Post
One option is to use these plastic "guides" that clip onto the isofix bar. They protect the upholstery from scratches and make it a little easier to find the isofix mounting points. They dont look the best though.
Part No. is 8L0019233. They came included with maxi-cosi isofix bases at one stage, I was amazed to see VAG logos and part numbers on them.
I seen them on ETKA.
Not sure that will help protect or make the leather worse.

I'm not keen on putting child seats in the back of my car cause of the issue with it killing the leather and heating elements.

Could always get a broken set of seats and use them to protect mine.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 10th February 2017, 07:40 AM

To be fair, what is the point of having a car if you don't actually use it? I see mine as a tool, I like to keep it sharp and looking good but ultimately it is functional.

Child seats are a necessary part of that, yes they may cause some problems but without them I can't use the car - what is the alternate, but a worse car that I am not as worried about!?

FWIW - I have used the clips when there is a need to install and remove frequently, but for a long term install I have carefully installed an ISOFIX base without them as it deforms the leather less.
Old 10th February 2017, 08:17 AM

I wouldn't bother with the plastic guides unless you are struggling to find the isofix points. The Child Seat base will make indentations in the leather if the child seats are fitted long term but they are a necessary evil.
A good quality child seat like a Recaro won't have any rough edges underneath.
You can get protectors that fit like a rubber mat under the child seat but I've never used them personally.
Old 10th February 2017, 09:17 AM

Do you think putting a towel on the A8's seat and the baby seat on top is OK?