A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th February 2014, 04:21 PM

Question Mic & VC not working

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Hi
Long story short, I lost driver for bluetooth/telephone module during MMI update (can't connect via VCDS to the module, no bluetooth, no phone). After 14months of looking for the correct module with exactly same SW number I've received new module few hours ago.

Straight swap, phone connects with no problems, can view phone book, I can make the calls and I can hear the person on the other end BUT they can't hear me !!!!!!!!!!

How frustrating is that??? I'll tell you, I almost turned the car upside down and hurt my wrist after punching the steering wheel !!!!

I've checked all the possible phone, call and bluetooth settings on the phone (Sony Xperia Z Android) and can't see anything obvious.
While on the call I can switch between (option on the phone screen): Bluetooth device (in-car handsfree, mic not working), Speaker (phone speaker, caller CAN hear me but whole conversation is through the phone not car speakers) or phone's earpiece (same, they hear me, conversation via phone not car speakers)

Everything was in full working order before I lost the driver/module.

Come on guys, I know you can come up with some fix !!!
I believe in you....

Thank you

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten

Last edited by M-A8; 18th February 2014 at 04:17 PM.