A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items

For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items For the personal sale of non Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 4th October 2017, 06:47 PM

The fluid in, or HP out, can't remember off hand which is which, misses the tranny brake, but if the shorter casting is fitted it would foul. Ive never actually seen the shorter pump adaptor casting except in the parts manual diagram, the one you have posted above. You can see that there is a much smaller gap between the flanges and the pump side is canted at an angle to miss the drum. The photo you posted above looks the same as mine though.

I also toyed with the idea of running the pump electrically, woul dbe pretty easy to fabricate but it would take up valuable space. There is an american company that makes engine driven pumps and PAS pump powered winches. Cant remember what they are called but they are meant to have an incredible pull.
Old 4th October 2017, 08:31 PM

The photos I'm posting are all stock as I have no digital photos of the land rover the winch was on.
Pressure side is near side return off side. There is a small bore bleed off from the motor back to the main return line.
They're very agricultural but really well designed and thought out. Just the number of different options over the years is amazing really. Not just the Land Rover but the accessories to. I've seen air compressors, 3 point linkages, centre mounted finger mowers and even one with attachments on the wheels, bolted to the rims so it can drive over wires, saving building bridges, hovercraft...... It's endless. So could well be, what is have is from something else to get into work., who knows.
These winches cost half as much as a new Land Rover when they were made and sort of explains the rarity.

I don't remember mine being rotated like the drawing bit then could just be how it was drawn, on a board by hand by a grey, smoking, 1950's man with a pencil.

Bright yellow bus o love.