A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 30th August 2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audidothat View Post
Great photos!

I was really disappointed I couldn't attend but apparently post holiday admin is more important than a car meet! ...... although I am secretly relieved I didn't have to suffer the RTN journey/M5 closure, the roads around WsM were bedlam all day.
I left WsM at 10:50 and the accident seems to have been at about 10:45 or so from the news reports, so no way of knowing before leaving. Was closed for about 2 hours but the 8 isn't the worst place to be waiting! Return journey was fine, not too busy, came back through Highbridge to avoid a queue on the M5 but miles of stationary traffic leaving WsM.

Saw an A2 and a Bora in the accident. Not sure what happened but Bora had front o/s damage. Reports that one car rolled, and the A2 was out of shape and facing the central reservation so quite possible.

It was good to meet people again, including some I've not met before. Rather jealous of MikkiJayne's very clean engine bay! Quite a tricky suspension set-up on the D4 too, although would have preferred to look under my D2!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)