A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 6th October 2019, 09:28 PM

Default D3 TDI wanted

As per the ad for my current d2 v6, I'm now starting a serious search for its replacement.

Budget of £4k for the right car

Dont have experience of the d3, so genuinely open to any helpful thoughts or experiences with the model options. Seems people favour the 3.0 but I am open to all models,

High spec is always a plus for me but again would welcome guidance as to the more desirable options to search for.

I would consider remapping the car providing the economy doesn't go south in the process!!

Appreciate people keeping their ears and eyes open for me and giving me the heads up on any potential purchases out there.

Thanks in advance, Paul
Old 7th October 2019, 07:33 PM

Good evening Paul, I think you'll like the D3, I know I enjoyed the step from D2 to D3 motoring

The V6 is great, always enjoyed driving the A4 with that power plant, and the D3 variant seems very popular. All I know is avoid the 4.0, it has well documented problems.

Good luck with your search

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 7th October 2019, 08:47 PM

Hey big fella

Thankfully I diverted my initial search which was to be a BMW 730d in black with the white leather pack. Think I just had a fuzzy moment there!!

So, the D3 hunt is on....
Old 7th October 2019, 08:56 PM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-57-A...sAAOSwtsBdkJ-8

Whats the real spec here? Feels like dealer talk for a usual spec car being punted as something more than it is? Maybe??
Old 7th October 2019, 09:09 PM

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-57-A...UAAOSwHKZdIGYV

How rare is the 2 tone leather?? Quite like that I do...
Old 7th October 2019, 09:18 PM
Banned

With a D3 you can get adaptive cruise control even on 2004 models a really cool option if you do a lot of motorway miles
Old 7th October 2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post

Those stretched tyres and rusty discs would send me away screaming...

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 8th October 2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-57-A...sAAOSwtsBdkJ-8

Whats the real spec here? Feels like dealer talk for a usual spec car being punted as something more than it is? Maybe??
If it has what they say it has, then it is a 'very rare' model indeed, as it would be the only D3 with a factory fitted 7-speed transmission! Apart from that, there are lots of options missing, making it far from being 'fully loaded'.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 8th October 2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:

Another fine example of dealers not knowing what they're selling, and nicking specs from other cars.

- It's not a LWB model
- As far as I'm aware, it's a bit like the other one you listed in that it is the only D3 with a factory fitted DSG transmission!
- The twin-tone seats I think were only an option on the S8

The likes of IT (Ian) is the person who can tell you everything about them, but in the meantime, you could download the A8 brochure from the D3 Tech Dump section, which will tell you everything about the standard and optional kit. Here is the link for the May 06 brochure: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...6&d=1430159608

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 8th October 2019, 11:27 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Roberto’s is up for sale (on this forum). Have you seen that?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).