A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 9th July 2019, 05:35 PM

Default HEX-V2 or HEX-NET?

I have a genuine Ross-Tech HEX-USB+CAN lead (supplied by Ilexa) which does everything I need for my D2 and is unlimited. It also works on many newer cars of course.

BUT I also have a REGISTERED (to me) copy of VCDS-Lite (useable with 3rd-party interface) that I bought directly from Ross-Tech and is now spare.
It has significant value however as a trade-in to one of the V2 interfaces. By default that's to the 10-VIN version as well.
I have no need for it, but it would presumably have market value above my trade-in cost.

So "as an investment" which would people go for, the "cheaper" HEX-V2 or costlier HEX-NET?
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 9th July 2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 9th July 2019, 07:49 PM

The HEX-NET will be worth more than the V2 however is more for professional use (supports mobile and wifi). The difference is around £130 between the two. I couldn't justify the extra cost when I bought mine as it's for home use only. The V2 will be easier to sell in the future as not many want to pay extra for the HEX-NET when they don't need the extra feature. As I said in my other post in Ollie's sale thread, the V1's are still selling for silly money (mine went for £275ish) so my new V2 cost me very little.

Not much help, sorry.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder