A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 4th November 2015, 05:48 PM

Default question about av1 av2

hi was going to install the rca cables to my tv tuner just wondering what other people are using in there av`s.

cheers trev
Old 4th November 2015, 05:56 PM

i had a digital tv in a long while back, now i have a dvd / sdcard / usb player.

plus i added the output leads to go through to rear headrests
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 5th November 2015, 11:15 PM

I have an ipod touch on mine. Ran the cables to the center console under the armrest. I just manually control the ipod from there. This cable...

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product...osite-av-cable

I ran a 5 meter composite extender cable and a 5 meter usb extender cable to make it reach. It charges from the cigarette lighter in the boot.

A bit low tech but works very well for both video and audio. The ami cant do video so for me its not worth buying just to be able to control the ipods music on the mmi.

My other AV is free at the moment, had plans to install a tv tuner as the cars tuner is useless now. Im not sure if any tuners are reliable enough to make it worth the effort.

Last edited by tipptop; 6th November 2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 6th November 2015, 06:40 AM

yea was thinking of installing freeview but not sure which one and a rear view camera on the other av but not sure which one yet.
what about some kind of mirroring device for your phone any good ones about.

cheers trev
Old 6th November 2015, 08:48 AM

I use something like this...
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-O...rchweb201560_9
from iPhone with Airplay.
Old 6th November 2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel120 View Post
yea was thinking of installing freeview but not sure which one and a rear view camera on the other av but not sure which one yet.
what about some kind of mirroring device for your phone any good ones about.

cheers trev
if you have the analogue tuner change to the hybrid, its just not worth the hassle of buying and installing a good non oem one and the extra antennas. you cant use the internal ones they are powered. if you dont install oem you have the added problems of controlling it with an ir eye, and the reception is never as good. its a straight swap for the analogue to hybrid but takes a while to get the av rack out and back in.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 7th November 2015, 12:21 AM

Swapping to digital tuner not an option for me as dtv in Ireland is mpeg 4. Uk sd is mpeg 2. Audi tuner is mpeg 2 only. Might be an option for OP as Northern Ireland surely broadcasts in mpeg 2 like UK.