A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 3rd June 2013, 10:10 AM

Default The Wonder of Woolies!

Having seen The Laird's (car) seats after his work with the Woolies I set to on mine. Given that The Laird had done these seats during his ownership of this car, there was still a noticeble difference after some work. Photo 002 shows the driver's seat after cleaning half and then the whole seat after treatment (004) and the right hand side before (003) and after (006). It certainly deals with the creasing really well and softens the leather. Feels like new.

If they sold this stuff in boots as anti-wrinkle cream it would be sold out real quick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat Clean up 002.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	6125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat Clean up 003.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	6126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat Clean up 004.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	6127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat Clean up 006.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	6128  
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:41 AM

what would I order for N5D / WK - just the standard black leather or get them to match the build code just in case ?
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:47 AM

forgot what is WK, but if your seats are black they will mix the colour without asking you to send leather sample. This is mentioned on their web site when you order.
Old 8th June 2013, 07:40 PM

Amar, you was right

Jim and myself have different colour seat. Will sort it.
Old 10th June 2013, 09:59 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Interesting lesson. Even though we have the same build code and the description of my FE leather is the same (platinum), mine is clearly lighter than Sergey's. So the build sticker is not 'king' in this respect. But the rest of the interior seems to be the same (dash and other plastics). I wonder, based on this http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-...l-edition.html if mine is 'silver grey'?

I'll get a note to Woolies.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).

Last edited by The_Laird; 10th June 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:07 AM

I've also been in email correspondence with Woolies as I want to sort out my seats, which are FL code WJ = Twist (beige). They did mention that Platinum seems to be an issue!
I'm hoping to use the code referred to earlier in this thread (Audi Beige - 26658) and am prepared to take the risk as it seems to be a "standard" colour.

I have passed to them the code list from A8parts eBay site:

Interior Colours include:

BV - Platinum (Light Grey) (pre facelift)

BW - Ecru (Cream) (pre facelift)

BT - Anthracite (Black) (Pre Facelift)

BU - Aqua (Dark Blue) (Pre facelift)

WA,WK - Soul (Black)

WC,WE - Swing (Dark Grey)

WJ - Twist (Beige)

WB - Blues (Dark Blue)

WF - Platinum (Light silver)

WL, WM, WU - Coconut Brown

WG - Aqua

WH - Tango

WD - Jazz

+ Red & purple available on the final edition cars.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 10th June 2013, 10:46 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Interesting. Is there a build sticker code for red and purple (and morning dew)?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 10th June 2013, 03:33 PM

Jim, I also noticed leather on your door card inserts. This is very unusual as I thought we can only have alcantara there. Perhaps this is another specific feature of final editions.
Old 29th June 2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
the code referred to earlier in this thread (Audi Beige - 26658)
So I went ahead and ordered that a while back, made a start today as the weather is finally OK!
Didn't have much time so began on the seat base which has a couple of big scuffs, mainly just in front of the buttons where the top surface is completely worn off (by shoes?) leaving dark patches.

That seemed to go well so I decided to attack the outer side section on the drivers seat back as that was the most visible bad area, creased and grubby.

My technique obviously needs improvement and practice ; after cleaning I think I put too much coloured renovator on so it was a rather patchy, even after waiting and doing a second application.
I think I rubbed the first one too much and broke up the surface so the next coat was more "dabbed" on and looks a lot better. I think after a 3rd thin coat it will be fine.

The colour match when dried is excellent, so I'm feeling positive about the rest.

Photos attached:
The first one shows the base fully treated, the front corner of which was badly damaged with a large dark area (and some marks elsewhere). Not quite perfect but not noticeable unless you inspect closely.
The second one shows the seat as it is now, part-treated. Only the side support next to the door has been cleaned and partly-coloured, you can see some streaking if you look carefully. Needs another thin coat (or 2) and then the finishing cream.
The thigh support is probably the next worst section, along with the door-side hip support, both are pretty grubby as you can see.

The other item I want to have a go at is the steering wheel. Woolies said to just use the cleaner then wipe with a damp cloth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SeatBase.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	6331   Click image for larger version

Name:	SeatSide.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	6332  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 29th June 2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
The other item I want to have a go at is the steering wheel. Woolies said to just use the cleaner then wipe with a damp cloth.
And, to be honest, that didn't do a great deal.
So I got aggressive with meths and iso-propanol, applied sparingly and quickly using a soft cloth. That worked a whole lot better but made the wheel a bit "sticky" as I think it partly dissolves whatever surface treatment it has.
But a good wash with a cloth soaked in water and a bit of detergent sorted that out, along with a bit of "natural oil" once dried.