A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 14th October 2015, 12:59 PM

Given it probably wasn't any newer than the one in there, it's probably for the best in retrospect. One from a much newer car might avoid the risk of hardware/firmware issues, if indeed the existing module is up the creak.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th October 2015, 03:43 PM

Still puzzling.

After being fine for a few days including overnight last night, I used the car this morning to pop into town and back. Went to go out at lunchtime, central locking dead and battery low again.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 19th October 2015, 10:09 PM

Hi Mannyo

Not sure if this is of help but i'm had very much the same problem when i 1st had the car i changed the battrey for a new one which never showed more that 80% on the metter also at the same time noticed that some of the door sensors did not work. over the year the battry would go down to 30% and never got over 60%.To make a long story short it turned out to be one of the door sensor buttons being stuck down and having a drain on the battry . In the end i removed the little button and spring that had become stuck inside the door handle swich. After doing this and replacing the failling battry that i had i have not had a problem over the past 2 months, before this i would find that the car could take the battry down from 100% to 10 in a matter of hours.

I still have the drivers side back door locking button works , which is fine for me. It many be somthing to look into . Now mine is 100% all the time.
Old 6th November 2015, 08:49 AM

I had the same issue with mine when I first got it. Battery would read fine in volts but in reality it was shagged. MMI battery meter all over the shop. I dug out the receipt for the yuasa battery the previous owner had bought in Halfords, took it into them and they tested it and gave me a brand new one.

I updated the MMI to 5570 and didn't bring back the battery meter after it was lost, coded in the new battery and no issues now for 6 months. Car has sat for two weeks and doesn't lose the keyless and started on the first turn.
Old 15th November 2015, 09:12 PM

Heres the thing, mines not had any problems since either. I've not done anything, its just gone away. Because I have the A6 at the moment, I can leave the D3 for days and come back to it and everything is still working as it should.

So still none the wiser, except for the fact the issue is currently not present.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles