A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 24th July 2014, 11:01 PM

Default Steering wheel controls

Hello all, Owned my D3 S8 06 plate for about 6 weeks now. Love the car and I knew of a few issues when i bought it. Mostly minor cosmetic items. However I have since discovered that the steering wheel controls don't work! ie unable to adjust volume, and switch between information screen etc and operate paddle switches.
Maybe some of you guys have experienced similar issues? and can point me in the right direction of where to look for the problem?
Any help and advice as always greatly appreaciated.

cheers,

John
Old 25th July 2014, 08:52 AM

Do you have VCDS?

Get that plugged in, check for fault codes and make sure its programmed correctly.
Had the same issue on my dad's car and the steering controls was not programmed.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 26th July 2014, 02:40 PM

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. I will look into this. I know a great Audi technician from owning 3 different models prior to the S8. I think it's time to give him a call.
I will update the results.

Cheers,

John