A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 26th March 2011, 03:44 PM

If I had the money, Id buy an A7 over the A8.

Or hold out for an RS7?! that would be amazing!
Would you buy the 7 in a convertible hard top?
'72 Mini Pick up Supercharged 1380
'03 S4 Avant
Old 26th March 2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
LOL you sure it wasn't an A4?
Now Now

Saw another black D4 A8 (probably the same one...) today on the M62 and didn't look as menacing but still not bad looking IMHO

Current cars:

BMW i4 M-Sport

Peugeot 207 (the sons)

Triumph Daytona 675 (2017 reg)

===========================

Gone but not forgotten

Ford Focus ST-2 Mk3 (the wifes) (stolen Oct 2023)

1972 T2 Bay Window Camper (Slow)

Audi TT Mk1 225 - now with coil-overs and a 7inch touchscreen infotainment centre

2003 A8 Sport 4.2 (with ACC & LPG) (Feed up with all the issues so passed it on to a forum member)

2000 A8 FL QS 4.2 (with RNS-E - Nice) (Engine poorly so sold on to be brought back by someone who has the time)
Old 26th March 2011, 11:09 PM

I saw one the other day in a car park and thought it was a Merc until my son pointed it out as an Audi, have to agree does not have the same appeal as the D2

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey

Last edited by briang9; 27th March 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 30th March 2011, 10:55 AM

I love my D3's, but I really do like the D4 too. They are incredible to drive.

I certainly dont see it as the most impressive looks wise, but I have seen one with some sort of sporty dealer upgrade to the front (ABT maybe) and my goodness what a difference. Certainly in the flesh anyway.

Was passed by a D4 '8 LWB in my D3 LWB yesterday.... huuuuge. I WANT!!!!

I did get a little of the green eyed monster.....

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:29 AM

But what about the Jaaaag?

I sat in the new XF not the XJ at Audi in Munich and the interior quality of that car was fairly poor, if the XJ is near Audi level of quality then the only thing missing is quattro.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 30th March 2011, 12:17 PM

A colleague has a white Jag. I know white is the 'in' colour at the moment but it's nae braw!

Absolutely no room for rear seat passengers and the roofline seems very low at the rear too.

He has 2 kiddie seats in it and they'd be kicking the sh1t out of the front seats!
Old 30th March 2011, 08:10 PM

i prefer the new Jag really

i think its kick ass.

i actually dont like quattro either. prefer RWD

obviously not in the snow.

anyway to split it so only the rear is powered?
Old 30th March 2011, 08:30 PM

Not as far as I'm aware. On cheapo quattro models (Haldex) A3s/TTs simply pulling a fuse will make it front wheel drive. Not that you'd want front drive. It's good to have quattro on your everyday car, you've got your rear drive drift car for the track.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 30th March 2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devine_nathan View Post
i prefer the new Jag really

i think its kick ass.

i actually dont like quattro either. prefer RWD

obviously not in the snow.

anyway to split it so only the rear is powered?
Simple. Remove the front wheels
I find your comment somewhat baffling, being that you have apparently purchased a quattro, which takes some effort in a world of front or rear drive vehicles. So why?
Old 31st March 2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Simple. Remove the front wheels
I find your comment somewhat baffling, being that you have apparently purchased a quattro, which takes some effort in a world of front or rear drive vehicles. So why?
This made me chuckle

Audi's generally as a rule should always be quattro. The quattro system is one of the mot advanced 4wd systems on road vehicles-and so it should be, it came straight from the best rally cars that will ever grace our planet!

Every audi I passed in the snow that was stuck, was fwd. My trusty quattro would breeze anywhere, and trust me, if you saw where I live (practically at the top of a flipping mountain) people would most certainly appreciate just how good it is.

I am also a fan of rwd cars for the most part, but this is for something like, say, a 911. Only people who cant drive properly would want a carrera 4, you loose power through the 4wd and in something like this-power clearly matters. But if I had a 911, I wouldn't only have that, I would have my trusty quattro '8 for when the porsche is deemed useless and for when I fancy a luxurious journey.

Rwd only really matters on the track, or if you drift.

Most people cant drive rwd cars anyway-I think you should have a test on how to drive them before you're allowed to purchase one...

I like the jag, but even the LWB headroom is useless, and being a chauffeur I know how much this makes a difference. There is no demand for Jag's as chauffeur cars (which lets face it is where it's market really is) and the legroom isn't on par with the likes of the 7, S or '8.

Pretty though

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.

Last edited by A8L Chick; 31st March 2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: I have lost the ability to type...