A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D4 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 26th May 2018, 02:05 PM

Default Suspension woes

Decided to swap winter wheels off the car today. Put suspension in tyre service mode. Rear passengers side changed without incident. Started passenger front, just as the Jack began to to lift the tyre there was a bang. I dropped the car back down gently to take a look. All seemed well so started lifting the car again. This time the car went up but the wheel didn't move off the ground, I was just stretching the suspension.

Back into car to confirm the wheel change mode was enabled, which it was, so switched it off and on again. Relifted the car with the same result. Back to the MMI and toggled the wheel change off, sat pondering and the wheel change option changed back to on while i was looking at it.

Now I can't change the wheel and can't turn wheel change mode off. I have a VCDS cable loaned out to a mate so will try that but have no clue what i'm doing tbh.

Anyone experienced similar?
Old 26th May 2018, 03:12 PM

Well stopped to watch F1 quali, turned car on and jacking mode or whatever it's called is toggled to off. Going to leave it for a while and try lifting the car again I remember the front needed to be lifted higher when I did the reverse swap last year but I'm sure not as high as I tried earlier.
Old 20th June 2018, 11:48 AM

Did you get this sorted or figure what happened ?
Old 7th July 2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2.0E View Post
Did you get this sorted or figure what happened ?
Sorry Joe2.0E only just saw this. I changed the front wheels fine. I don't know what happened but switching the car off for a while seemed to remedy it. Car seems to drive okay and I can again toggle wheel change mode on and off. I will run a scan if I ever get my my VCDS cable back.