A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 14th September 2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
The W12 has Flaps in the exhaust system from the factory but there there as a relief system for excess back pressure when you give the 6.0L a led foot rather than a sound enhancer.

wheel wise the discs are 390mm and the same spec as the non ceramic S8 brakes and i know there are many 18" wheels that do fit over the brakes

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5567

and the QS Wheels share the same Off set so i dont see any reason why they would not fit

just have a nice chunky profile on them like a 50 or 55 and winter tyres and there will be no where you cant go
Still not found wheels for the car as I am currently bobbing around the North Sea, was going to go to a few Audi breakers when I'm back to try wheels on if they will let me.

As for the exhaust I went a bit ghetto on it and stripped a length of twin and earth and tied it around the lever arm that is on the shaft of the flaps so they are permanently open now

Surprisingly its not much louder but just enough to have presence, in the cabin I can barely hear it.
Old 16th September 2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggisuk View Post
Still not found wheels for the car as I am currently bobbing around the North Sea
You bobbing on any of my ships or you on a rig? if you are on the rig do you see any of my ships? I've built a few supply vessles.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 16th September 2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggisuk View Post
was going to go to a few Audi breakers when I'm back to try wheels on if they will let me
I'm gonna say it but it's probably/hopefully obvious! If you've got ceramic brakes always use the screw in tool in the boot for lining up your wheel over the brakes, dropping a rim onto your ceramic disc can destroy them, so treat them like they're made of your finest china

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 16th September 2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You bobbing on any of my ships or you on a rig? if you are on the rig do you see any of my ships? I've built a few supply vessles.
Boats Dezzy,

Never have liked the rigs, my second home was built for Anchor handling / Offshore construction work with two Workclass ROV's.

For the last 2 years been mostly in Norway or the North Sea, but next trip out will be in the Philippines, bring on the sunshine

Glad I'm not paying the fuel bill though, its gonna take 1.8 million to get her over there.

Del
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	6681   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	6682  
Old 16th September 2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I'm gonna say it but it's probably/hopefully obvious! If you've got ceramic brakes always use the screw in tool in the boot for lining up your wheel over the brakes, dropping a rim onto your ceramic disc can destroy them, so treat them like they're made of your finest china
Roger that, I would not be too happy if I wreaked one of them, it was the first thing that I told the missus about too.

Del
Old 17th September 2013, 07:33 AM

Hi Del, no she's not one of mine. Sealion Shipping were a customer with Toisa Independant and Conqueror (closest to what your on) but they were multi purpose and a little smaller than Skasen, although i have to say better built.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 28th September 2013, 11:24 AM

Well went to try some audi wheels today, the biggest the breaker had was 18" and they dont fit over the caliper or disc shroud.

Kinda thought that would be the case as etka mentions 19' spare wheel for cars with the ceramic discs.

Guess it will need to be a set of 19's then.....
Old 28th September 2013, 04:27 PM

Smile Winter wheels for D3 S8

hi HaggisUK,

I have a D3 S8 but with steel brake discs. I wanted winter wheels and tyres and did my research. Tyres with same rolling radius within 1% are 235 50 18. I use Dunlop 3d winter tyres on 7.5" rims which have the same design as my 20" wheels. I bought the rims new for just under £400 for set of 4. They are very close to caliper but don't touch. If you let me have an email I can send you details of supplier and some photos.

Good luck

Richardracer
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.