A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 25th November 2014, 08:53 AM

Bracket??
Lost you??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 25th November 2014, 09:22 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Hi Marcin

The camera that Sean bought has a bracket listed with it on Amazon.

And you get far to 'techy' for my little brain!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 25th November 2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Hi Sean,

Did you buy the bracket too? I think I might go for this one. Marcin lost me quite a few posts ago!

Did you take any photos whilst fitting it? I'd love to see some datails of where you picked the power up from and where you routed the wiring
Jim

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of that installation, but I could write up a basic guide. As for the 'bracket' you refer to (the one I linked to on the first page), the dashcam comes with one anyway. In my case, I opted to spend the extra tenner and go for the one with the GPS receiver built into the bracket. You either need it or not.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 25th November 2014, 11:42 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

A basic guide would be very helpful. GPS in the bracket adds a location to the video?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 25th November 2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
A basic guide would be very helpful. GPS in the bracket adds a location to the video?
You can set the dashcam up to display various things embedded in the video, like date, time, speed, GPS coordinates and I think number plate (useful for fleet use I suppose).

Here's a screenshot taken from one of my first uses of it.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

Old 25th November 2014, 05:13 PM

Jim

Have now posted a brief installation guide here:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...5190#post85190