A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Common Faults

D3 - Common Faults Quick links to all known common faults and their solutions

Old 7th April 2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Mines always been Bluetooth and connects as soon as I get in.
I also have Bluetooth, and it connects as soon as I get in. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it reads out text messages, and allows me to dictate responses. I was less pleased when it wouldn't synch my contacts, which looks like it's because my phone doesn't support rSAP.
Old 11th April 2015, 08:24 PM

Sorry to hijack thread but since you're already talking about it... My car has Bluetooth and I upgraded the MMI to 5570, had to do disc 2 twice as advised and the second run took about an hour! So anyway the Bluetooth works but contacts don't sync, I've got an S4 with the latest lollipop android. Anyone got a similar issue?

Also, my car has the phone dock under the armrests in the centre console pocket, this thing,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A8-D3...item27fb6e35af

I presume this is where you connect the cradle for your specific phone?

If I remove this unit as I'm not using it and would like to make space in there and get one with no phone gubbins like this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A8-D3...item1e9395f28a

I wonder does this cradle thing need to be still connected up for the Bluetooth to work?? Or will there be any repercussions bar a few fault codes?
Old 12th April 2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipptop View Post
So anyway the Bluetooth works but contacts don't sync, I've got an S4 with the latest lollipop android. Anyone got a similar issue?
I have the same problem - it's likely that your phone just doesn't support the rSAP Bluetooth profiles that VAG vehicles use. Apparently it's fallen out of use in recent years. It might be worth trying this as you're on Android:

http://www.android-rsap.com/

Concerning the crade this pulls out of the centre console and can be replaced with a cradle that has a generic USB connector on it. All this does (as I understand it) is connect your phone to the car antenna for better reception. It also powers your phone whilst connected, allowing it to recharge. It doesn't allow access to anything else on the phone, such as music or contacts.

HTH
2007 Audi S8, with Rear Seat Entertainment, Quad Zone Climate, DAB/DVB and electric blinds. ** sold **
Old 13th April 2015, 07:23 AM

Depends which module you have.. If you have the rSAP unit, then I think you need rSAP on your phone for it to sync. The standard unit worked fine most of the time on my S3, though it would have the odd time when it refused to sync and wouldn't sort itself out until I wiped the phone and started again.

I know.. I know..

Old 14th May 2015, 08:20 PM

I got in the car 2 or 3 days ago, and it miraculously decided to sync my contacts. I don't know if there has been a stealth update to Windows Phone, but it works beautifully now. It turns out that the text message reading/response thing is done by Cortana. It behaves as if the Bluetooth module is a headset. It's great!
2007 Audi S8, with Rear Seat Entertainment, Quad Zone Climate, DAB/DVB and electric blinds. ** sold **