A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 11th April 2016, 09:00 AM

Thanks Del..
2012 A6 3.0 TDI Avant, Silver, 7 Spd STronic, Bose, ACC, Advanced Parking Camera, Power close / open tailgate, Side and Lane Assist, AMI & Jukebox, Adaptive lights with corner and high beam assist, Through load with ski bag, Audi pre sense plus, sports diff and sport suspension, Panoramic roof, Storage pack, MMI touchpad and VIM, etc. Oh and now retro fit rear seat entertainment

2019 BMW I3. Heat pump, Winter, professional and comfort packs, Harmon Kardon, autopilot

2022 Mercedes EQC 400

Previously: 2009 S8, Silver, B&O, Ceramic Brakes, Advanced Parking Camera, VCDS
2008 A8 3.0 Tdi sport, B&O
Old 11th April 2016, 03:50 PM

I got my summer wheels out today! Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160411_144739.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	793.0 KB
ID:	13101  
Old 11th April 2016, 07:01 PM

I had new TPMS sensors fitted last year. There was no VCDS or anything like that. Just into the MMI to Tyre pressure and choose 'Initialise'. About 20 mins of driving later and everything came up a it should.
Old 22nd April 2016, 01:34 AM

Still not getting anywhere with this!
Can someone do me a step by step from opening the car to getting it initialised please.

I did deactivate the tpms system via vcds before i had the new sensors fitted. Then reactivated it once they were on the car.
Im pressing initialise in the mmi menu, then donig my hour and half commute and its kicking it back. Vcds is telling me i have 5.7v at each sensor so thats that. Would i need to run sw update again? Does that even affect the tpms system?

This morning i put key in ignition to on, engine off at 04.30 and hit initialise at 05.00 i started my drive to work, 05.25 the car pinged at me and the tpms dash light came on.
Hit the initialise again on route and 20 mins later back came the tpms light.. doing me in now.

HELP!!!!

Last edited by Rick; 23rd April 2016 at 05:14 AM.