A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Old 5th March 2017, 11:23 PM

Default 3.0tdi remap

So my cousin just picked a 07 BMW 530d. Remapped to claimed 300bhp. Left my a8 for dust and I am not happy about it. To make it worse he even gotten mpg on a steady run back from Liverpool.

So been looking at remap. I like the look of the bluefin. Claim simple procedure and give +40bhp and +111 nm torque. Plus the increase in economy (blah blah)...

Thoughts please people. £340 quid to have the unit. It will save my current map and upload a new one and I can put back to standard if I should need.

Anyone done similar. Results?

Also anything else to squeeze me nearer the 300 mark, I want to wipe the smug grin off.

Andy
Old 6th March 2017, 05:03 AM

Buy an s8. He wont be so smug when his turbos go.
Old 6th March 2017, 07:16 AM

Speak to a reputable tuner - someone like MRC in Banbury will map the car to the specifics of its engine, not an off the shelf solution - one size fits all kind of thing. They can also talk you through other options such as DPF, Cats, Map, Exhaust, a whole pile of options and have a lot of experience in that engine and its evolution from A4 to A6 into the A8.

It wont work out much more expensive, were talking maybe double digit increase in cost
Old 6th March 2017, 03:41 PM

Worth remembering a 5 series is a smaller car. I would be cautious about mapping the A8 to extremities if you intend keeping it long term.
If it's any conciliation, in my experience of 530d's, it won't be long until it packs up.
Old 6th March 2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2.0E View Post
Worth remembering a 5 series is a smaller car. I would be cautious about mapping the A8 to extremities if you intend keeping it long term.
If it's any conciliation, in my experience of 530d's, it won't be long until it packs up.
his has done 170k.. so maybe you will be right. im not looking to beat it, i think i will spend to much and risk killing the longevity of the A8. I am looking to give him a run, but keep it on the QT with him.

As you said the 530 is a smaller lighter car so i will be also on the back foot.
Old 6th March 2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
Speak to a reputable tuner - someone like MRC in Banbury will map the car to the specifics of its engine, not an off the shelf solution - one size fits all kind of thing. They can also talk you through other options such as DPF, Cats, Map, Exhaust, a whole pile of options and have a lot of experience in that engine and its evolution from A4 to A6 into the A8.

It wont work out much more expensive, were talking maybe double digit increase in cost
i have had a quick google and cant seem to come up with anything. i dont suppose you have a link??

mind you i like the idea of being able to remove the map "should i need to"
Old 7th March 2017, 05:58 AM

http://www.mrctuning.com