A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 7th April 2014, 11:03 AM

M-A8 Did you get anywhere with the testing?

I was wondering about the Main beam with coming/leaving home lights.
I did not think it would have anything to do with the Auto lights.
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th April 2014, 11:12 AM

Not sure on the coming home function but I can confirm that if you have the lights in auto and the option is not on in the mmi for main beam you only get dipped beam headlights. God only knows why you would want to have no main beams???

Old 7th April 2014, 11:36 AM

That seems stupid.

I wonder how many people set theirs to off and drive round with auto lights on and no dipped beams then?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 7th April 2014, 04:52 PM

So far I tried all sort of options for coming home and main beam function. No matter how is set, lights Auto or not, when coming home/unlocking the car still fogs only lit up.
I gave up in the end, it's good as it, but I'd like to have headlights on with coming home function.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 8th April 2014, 07:01 AM

I was looking at some VCDS coding for my Dad's touareg and apparently you can do a 8 gun salute.
Its every light light at the front turning on when unlocking or locking the car.
Old 8th April 2014, 07:24 AM

Yeah, even Passats years ago had a dipped beam function when coming/leaving home

Where did you found this coding on your Dad's car??
Go to the same module, click coding and all the info/options about the coding on this car (8) should pop out in a window, see if there is anything you can change

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten

Last edited by M-A8; 8th April 2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 8th April 2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
That seems stupid.
I wonder how many people set theirs to off and drive round with auto lights on and no dipped beams then?
You will always hap dipped beam - it just means the lights won't resume on main beam (high beam) if the stalk is left in the main beam position when auto lights come back on.