A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 19th July 2016, 01:11 PM

Default Now here's something (D2 related!) you don't see every day!

Popped down to see David (DJS on here) at DS Autowerks at lunchtime to find barzya8's newly acquired FE outside waiting for a few jobs to be done

I think that's pretty much a first for me, parking next to another Avus S8 with the contrasting red leather!

barzya8's car was the ebay one recently bought with RSE needing some minor tidying. It looks really decent in the metal and once the wheels have been refurbished it'll look very smart

Not sure that David (this is getting confusing as they're both David!) realises he's managed to buy one with a Milltek fitted?!

Mine's going in on Friday for a new front ABS sensor

Adrian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avus pair.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	13825  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 19th July 2016, 01:35 PM

That a nice looking pair!
I am not sure that the body coloured underbumper trim along with the small foil on the boot lid doesnt make the one on the left look like its got a bigger rear end though.
Old 19th July 2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
make the one on the left look like its got a bigger rear end though.
Which is quite funny as mine's running bolt on spacers on the back so has that proper wide-arse look down to a T!

I didn't really notice the painted lowers in the flesh, although picked it up in the ebay advert.

I quite like the little spoiler having seen it on an Avus now

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 19th July 2016, 02:01 PM

I couldn't quite nail down what it was until now but yes, the painted lower bumper does have quite a visual impact. The one on the right does look much lower and wider, just like mine I was thinking about a spoiler but I think I'll leave it now.
Old 19th July 2016, 02:53 PM

Excellent
Old 19th July 2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I couldn't quite nail down what it was until now but yes, the painted lower bumper does have quite a visual impact. The one on the right does look much lower and wider, just like mine I was thinking about a spoiler but I think I'll leave it now.
As far as I know both are on standard suspension, so might be just the angle I've taken the picture from!

Old 19th July 2016, 03:46 PM

Rear number plate needs squaring up before anything else

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 19th July 2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I believe it was only collected in recent days, so sure it's on the list. From memory David said he was transferring his plate off his PF to go on this one so probably not a priority for the short term!

Old 19th July 2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Jeez Dezzy, when do you get so OCD?!
Old 19th July 2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah that made my OCD teeth itch too. Personally I would remove the spoiler, and return the under bumper panels to original

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey