A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 25th May 2017, 08:12 AM

Unhappy Sytner Audi Reading

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...gues-set-fire/

Horrible story. I hope those involved are prosecuted.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 25th May 2017, 08:30 AM

Read this yesterday. Very sad indeed for the young mechanic to take his life, and to his family for their guilt of not helping him enough.

As for the staff at Audi Reading, setting someone on fire is just a bit of banter???

2004 A8 3.7q, 1998 A4 2.8q, 1994 Coupe 2.8q SORN,
Old 25th May 2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
As for the staff at Audi Reading, setting someone on fire is just a bit of banter???
George's line manager, Simon Wright, who admitted to playing a number of pranks on George, told the inquest: "I was in the workshop when a prank was played on George and he was set on fire.

"It did not go too far. We knew where to draw the line," he said.

"It was not bullying."

If they do that to a human being, think how they care for your car...
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 25th May 2017, 10:24 AM

Sickening behaviour from all concerned. Audi UK should sack the whole f**king lot of them or take their franchise away.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 25th May 2017, 11:01 AM

Thank you for posting, it has made me very angry and very sad.

Bullying parading as banter, often seen.

'09 D3 S8 - Most of the bells and whistles (B&O, Audi Exclusive brown interior and exterior paint, soft close, ACC etc) de-flapped manifold!
Old 25th May 2017, 07:15 PM

If this was not bullying, I don't know what is.
Is this the new norm? I know there is a lot of harassment on the internet.

I am amazed that none of the workers stood up for that young man
There has been a few instances in my life where I have stood up for a co-worker or co-workers. Even to the point of being fired.

I wonder how the people in this instance feels now, after learning that they drove a co-worker to suicide? They could just as well have killed him themselves

Audi should take their franchise away. And they should be prosecuted.

As far as I have been able to understand the situation for many young people today, they have enough problems as it is. They have to expect lower real wages than the generation before them (people like me). And the cost of living is increasing.

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 25th May 2017, 07:26 PM

It is hard to believe these days that such behaviour can be tolerated or even condoned, by management. Its hard to even understand their responses at the inquest where they seemed to think that they were justifying their actions by such mealy-mouthed, pathetic excuses which demonstrate that they understand nothing about managing people. I hope that the future of those involved is not with Audi. Or, indeed, anywhere where they have responsibility for people.
Old 25th May 2017, 08:14 PM

If Audi UK (or even Audi HQ) have any sense, they should cancel all their franchises with the Sytner Group. I just checked their website and that would mean them losing Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen.

Maybe then, management at Reading might take a bit of notice of what the hell is going on.

The Audi UK Facebook page put up a short statement earlier and it is being hammered. People are shocked beyond belief.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 25th May 2017, 09:20 PM

All the more unfortunate given that they have recently opened their expensive new gin palace showroom further down the A33.

My usual initial response to sensationalist headlines that this where the actions of others have caused someone else to commit suicide, is that people rarely commit suicide due to one incident, and there is rarely a single cause, instead it is usually the 'last straw' on the back of various other difficulties that they may have experienced in their personal lives, including mental health issues, it's the accumulative effect, etc.

But having read this... yes the poor lad had a background of mental health issues, but... given what I've read, this is one of those rare occasions where I did not feel I could say any of the 'usual' things as per above.
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 25th May 2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
If Audi UK (or even Audi HQ) have any sense, they should cancel all their franchises with the Sytner Group. I just checked their website and that would mean them losing Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen.

Maybe then, management at Reading might take a bit of notice of what the hell is going on.

The Audi UK Facebook page put up a short statement earlier and it is being hammered. People are shocked beyond belief.
I agree, a withdrawal of all VAG franchises is required IMHO

Audi S8 2002, Black (even the chrome bits)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008, Daytona Grey
Maserati Granturismo 2008, Metallic Nero Carbonio
Audi S8 2015, Daytona Grey