A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 6th January 2011, 12:26 PM

bumpski

Last edited by FireStorm; 8th August 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:35 PM

Well, I think I ought to pop a quick update to anyone who is having similar problems with any D3 air suspension.

After replacing the compressor with a new unit (OEM WABCO), checking the fuse (no. 10 [10amp]) in the left hand side of the dash and replacing the relay with a new OEM audi relay I am still having no luck getting the suspension to work. (I still have a solid amber suspension light on the dash and occasionally the green one comes on-then turns off shortly afterwards)

Plugged it into VCDS and I have the fault code:

00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30
009 - Open or short to Ground
Fault status: 11101001
Fault Priority: 2

I am now not sure where to start. Audi want 4 hours to try and diagnose the fault... at £115.00 an hour I'm going to pass.

I would like to know more about the wiring, so if anyone has a detailed wiring diagram that I could have a look at I would be ever so grateful.

Bex

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.

Last edited by A8L Chick; 12th January 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:38 PM

We get 50pound per hour labour rates at Harrogate Audi if your part of the A8OC if that helps? Ask A8_Tony for more details...
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 12th January 2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
We get 50pound per hour labour rates at Harrogate Audi if your part of the A8OC if that helps? Ask A8_Tony for more details...
Shame North Yorkshire is a 5 hour drive from me

I live down in Sevenoaks hun

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 13th January 2011, 04:29 PM

Sounds like a faulty ECU to me for adaptive suspension. If I recall the ECU is behind the glove box....
Old 14th January 2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 Doc View Post
Sounds like a faulty ECU to me for adaptive suspension. If I recall the ECU is behind the glove box....
I hope it isn't that - I dread to think how much that would cost me

But I am booking her in for another diagnostic session tomorrow-will update further

I am hoping it's simply a matter of basic settings needing to be addressed since replacing the compressor (I can live in hope 'ey)

Old 14th January 2011, 07:17 AM

It won't be if it has a supply voltage too low error. It's either wiring or ECU.

There are used ECU's on Ebay which you can code in easily. Around £100 max or speak to A8 parts.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Breaking-Audi-...item415596ed7f

Check the part number for yours particularly the last letter and you should be fine.

Supply Voltage errors is usually ECU errors. The Terminal 30 is Audi speak for (If I remember correctly!!!) ground. If you let me know your email I can send over the PDF's for it and you can check all terminal 30's on the ECU and pump?
Old 14th January 2011, 10:56 AM

Great-thanks John that would be awesome

email is info@sevenoakschauffeurs.co.uk

Old 17th January 2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8L Chick View Post
Great-thanks John that would be awesome

email is info@sevenoakschauffeurs.co.uk

Get it here - www.bigfishtuning.co.uk/a8/d3suspension.pdf

HTH.
Old 17th January 2011, 03:41 PM

Link doesn't work hun.

Still haven't received payment for the bumper hun...?

It's wrapped up ready to go but not until it's paid for