A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Trims

D3 - Interior Trims Seats, dashboards, plastics, everything inside the cabin

Old 19th October 2015, 10:26 PM

Default Blinds

How hard is it to retrofit blinds in a SWB 2009 A8? I could do with some side and rear window blinds and have some after-market ones but they're not the best fit to be honest. What would I need to fit the OE Audi blinds and is it possible? The side blinds are manual roller-blind style aren't they? How hard would the electric rear blind fit be? I guess none of the wiring would be in already and it would need switch and wiring as well as the blind/parcel shelf etc? Anyone ever done it?

TIA
Old 20th October 2015, 01:54 AM

Ive fitted a rear electric parcel blind to my D2 (twice actually lol - had to do it again when I upgraded to the alcantara roof and rear shelf!) and it involved taking out the rear shelf and running a cable down the light of he car to the switch at the front etc. The blind is built in to the rear parcel shelf so the whole thing needs changing and I think the D3 should be exactly the same. The side blinds could either be manual roller blinds like my D2 - this involves changing the door cards for ones that have the roller blind built in on the rear of them plus adding some clips at the top of the inner window frame to clip the opened blind to - or quite possible side electric blinds which my D3 LWB has which I've not fitted. The side electric D3 blinds are activated by using the up/down switch for the electric Windows in the rear (or front) so I would imagine that fitting is similar to the rear electric blind with new door cards involved and then wiring in of motors, but I'm not sure if there is any module change for them or just a coding change to tell the car it now has rear electric blinds fitted

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 25th October 2015, 08:50 PM

Interesting. Thanks. I may go with the manual side window blinds for now if it is just a straightforward door card swap.... I wonder how much the door cards would cost from Audi... otherwise it's scouring eBay for really nice condition second hand ones in the same colour as my interior.
Old 25th October 2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
Interesting. Thanks. I may go with the manual side window blinds for now if it is just a straightforward door card swap.... I wonder how much the door cards would cost from Audi... otherwise it's scouring eBay for really nice condition second hand ones in the same colour as my interior.
You could try our sponsors for the door card blinds, they may even offer a whole upgrade kit with all 3

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 25th October 2015, 10:53 PM

I would think the cost from Audi would almost buy another car

Nite Blue 3.0L SE Quattro