A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - General

For Sale and Wanted - General Posting for buying / selling your own personal non vehicle related items

Old 27th August 2012, 11:01 PM

Default RS6 V10 390MM Brakes

2 x Six piston Brembo calipers
2 X 390mm C6 OEM genuine Audi discs

The calipers are used but recently refurbished with brand new Brembo seals, and pistons. The calipers are in full working order and have not been on the car since they were refurbished with brand new genuine Brembo parts. They come with the original mounting hangers for the RS6, but these can be removed if you want to fit them on another car. They come with all the springs/clips and bolts required.

The discs are lightly used, I'll get more details and photos for anyone interested. I'm selling as I'm now planning on fitting OEM ceramic brakes to my car.

I'm looking at selling the calipers and discs together for the time being. I was quoted £470.69 each for calipers from Stoke Audi with discount, so here is a chance to get a good saving for what are mechanically brand new calipers and lightly used discs.

PM me with an offer.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 28th August 2012, 11:30 AM
Banned

how much do you want for them and are they the same as what david fitted to his W12 ?
Old 9th September 2012, 04:52 PM
Director at A8 Parts

A little late, sorry - but yes these are the ones I have...

Dead easy to fit to the D3, just a couple of copper tubes needed to be made up at the princely sum of £2.00 and the rest just bolted into place. They look good, and until the other evening that is about all I would have said......

....however they are absolutely excellent now they have a few miles on them. A spirited drive home the other night saw me cresting a hill to be face to face with two young ladies out jogging, and a car coming in the opposite direction left no room to play with - I slammed all on and stopped from 60 to zero in no time at all and actually had to wait for the two ladies to reach the car and jog past before I moved off again - simply because I totally over estimated the time it took to pull up !

It took far longer to fish everything out of the footwell when I got home than it did to stop

I keep meaning to do a 30-0 test to see just how little distance it would take to pull up from 30......

2001 TT 8N 1.8T Quattro with a loud exhaust!
2000 A8 D2 3.7Q Non Sport Ming Blue
1999 A8 D2 4.2Q Non Sport Santorin Blue
2002 A6 C5 Allroad 2.5 TDi Silver with Black Leather
2001 A2 1.4 TDi
2006 A6 C6 2.4 Quattro Avant Canyon Red

At Work to Drive:

1997 S8 Pearl White Solar Roof, Electric Heated Rear Seats, Blinds, Bose, Cruise, Headlamp Wash, Ski Hatch
1998 Audi Cabriolet 2.6, Air Con, Electric Roof, Leather, Hard Top, Headlight Wash
2008 Fiesta Sportvan x2
2002 Transit 2.4 LWB
2007 VW Crafter Recovery Truck
2013 VW Caddy Highline, DAB, Heated Seats, Touch Screen Stereo, Headlamp Wash and Webasto with Telestart
2010 RS6 Daytona Grey, Twin Pane, Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, Soft Close and some extra horses.

At Work to Hire:

4x 6 Berth Sunlight Motorhomes
Old 9th September 2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

can you confirm the size for me please .....only i had mine looked at and gave the vin number to some one and they said mine are 385mm

how much do you want for the brakes ?
cheers
Old 9th September 2012, 08:52 PM

Sorry, yes - buy David's set up from A8 Parts. I'm not bothering with the ceramics now and have fitted these. I've done about 200 miles on mine but it was mainly motorway driving, they're getting better and hopefully they'll be to Dave's standard once fully bedded in with a few more miles on them!
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds