A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 6th November 2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
He has paid full price for the work to be carried out already (apart from discs) thats my point it's not like he's wondered in for some work to be done, it had to go back for faulty workmanship / parts to be replaced and while they're in there replace the discs, the extra they have got from the rework is the sale of 2 new discs, not try and recoup some of their losses by ripping of a good customer.
It stinks
I'm sorry, it wasn't a very keyboard friendy comment, i'm actually a nice guy.
I did appreciate that point Dezzy and I agree with you fully about the fact that they should be grovelling. I guess I wasnt being as direct as you - its hard to keep up with you on that front!
Old 6th November 2013, 09:52 PM

@ Dezzy

I didn't bother with the discs in the end, didn't like the idea of them carrying out their 'bedding in procedure', will have MRC do them. Anyway, got it it back and two minutes into the journey the DIS flashed up suspension fault and I cannot choose from Comofort/Dynamic/Sport anymore as the options are blanked out. I rang Audi Assist and they said they could only send the RAC out tonight but if I held out until the morning they would send one of the Audi patrols in the Audi Assist vehicle, so I went for that option, see what they say tomorrow...
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 27th November 2013, 06:18 AM

This is a problem the world over. I had a problem with my S8 last year when it refused to start. I had it trailered to the Audi dealer here in Dubai and after a day of giving it the once over they decided I needed a new fuel pump, a new petrol tank, two new speed sensors and a crank angle sensor. Total cost just over 3000 smackers. There was not a chance on the face of this planet I was having any of this so I had it trailered back home and fixed it myself by replacing just the crank angle sensor. Total cost 50 quid! I emailed the big boss man with the mother of complaints. They sympathised to a degree but they still thought I was wrong. Arrogant ********s.