A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 9th November 2019, 12:24 PM

Default hot air flow problem

Hi all, hope someone can help?

i have a 2005 audi a8 3.0tdi

so all of a sudden i am only getting warm air out certain vents in the car, cant ever seem to get wamr air going upwards towards the windscreen and only comes out of outer facing vents "not out centre two"

anyone any idea where i should start?

P.s i do have Full genuine VCDS also in case thats something i need to solve the issue.

Thanks colin

installed- bluetooth, hybrid dvbt tuner, aux input, finger scan, soft close boot,suspension lowering links
Old 9th November 2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinR32 View Post
P.s i do have Full genuine VCDS also in case thats something i need to solve the issue.
First suggestion would be to do a scan of the car and save the results. Check section 08-HVAC to see if there are any error codes there. Then clear the codes in the HVAC section, take the car for a drive and play around with the various modes in the MMI to change the air flow (this is just to activate the various flap motors). Rescan the car again and see if any codes reappear, and go from there. Post them up here, and someone may have had experience of them before.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds