A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2016, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Default Prestige and Performance

Its now apparent from multiple sources that the above mentioned company seems to be having some sort of difficulties.

I don't know what, and am not about to speculate.

Firstly, and foremost please be aware that they are a wholly independent company with no connection or affiliation with the forum sponsors.

Secondly, i would ask that any posts regarding the aforementioned company are kept respectful and factual as I genuinely have no idea what is going on, and reputations can be made or broken from rumours being spread.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

The Daily Town Car - 2023 Tesla Model Y Performance. Black with Black. Giant ipad screen, huge sunroof, 4 wheel drive, Tow bar, lots of ooomph and made in China, so actually built properly unlike the Californian ones.

The Family Wagon - 2018 Tesla Model X. Black, 7 Seats, Towbar, Homelink, Enhanced Auto pilot with Summon and self park, Heated front seats, CCS Charger upgrade, MCU2 Upgrade, Falconwing Doors, Self opening / closing doors, Netflix, Spotify, toys, Air suspension, alcantara roof + lots of other stuff......

The 17 year old Driver Wagon 2015 Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo. Alloys, Power steering, Aircon, Leccy windows, Sat Nav, bluetooth, central locking, cup holders, 59 whole bhp. Million times better than my first car. Well jealous.....

The First 20 Audis:

2001 D2 4.2 QS Silver, 1997 D2 S8 Silver, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2002 D2 S8 Dolphin Grey,
2003 C5 RS6 Blue, 1998 D2 S8 Black, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue, 2003 D3 4.2 Ming Blue,
2005 B7 S4 Blue, 2006 D3 3.0 Tdi Black, 1999 D2 4.2 Silver, 2003 D3 4.2 LPG Crystal Blue,
2000 D2 S8 Silver, 2007 3.0 Tdi Q7 Black, 2009 B8 S4 Black, 1998 D2 S8 Agate Grey,
2006 D3 4.2 Tdi Blue, 2006 D3 S8, 2007 Q7 3.0 Tdi, 2006 C6 S6,

The Second 20 Audis:

2011 A7 Sline, 2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2002 A2 1.4 Tdi Silver, 2006 A8 4.2 Tdi Blue,
2007 4.2 Tdi Q7, 2006 S4 Cab Silver, 2010 RS6 Saloon Black , 2007 TT Roadster,
2010 A8 D4 4.2 Silver, 2006 C6 A6 2.7 Tdi Quattro, 2000 D2 4.2 QS/S8 Ming Blue (again), 2008 Q7 4.2 Black,
2009 C6 RS6 Saloon Daytona Grey, 2001 Fully Loaded A2 Tdi, 2006 Avant S6 Black, 2007 VW Caravelle Exec Black (almost an Audi)
2009 TT Roadster Daytona, 2015 Q7 4.2 tdi lava grey, 2002 GmbH D2 demonstrator, 2006 D3 A8 LWB 4.2 Tdi Black

Most Recent Audis:

2001 A2 1.4 Tdi Black, 2007 4.2 FSi Q7 ABT Blue, 2016 S5 Coupe Launch model, 2004 S4 B6 Cabriolet, 2016 Q7 Sline White, 2006 Q7 4.2 FSi Black, 2012 Q7 Sline+ 4.2Tdi White, 2008 Blue Audi S8

Everything Else

1989 Subaru Justy, 1986 Vauxhall Cartlton 2.0 GL, 1985 Vauxhall Carlton 2.2 CDi, 1987 Ford Sierra XR4x4, 1983 Vauxhall Senator, 1985 Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, 1997 Polo Saloon, 1997 Peugeot 306 1.9 TDi, Ford Sierra Sapphire 2000E, 1990 Subaru Justy, 2000 Subaru Impreza, 2000 Subaru Impreza RB5, 1993 Range Rover LSE, 2005 VW Bora, 2003 Skoda Superb, 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion, 1996 Peugeot 106, 2000 Range Rover 4.0, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Old 26th May 2016, 05:45 PM
Banned

Ladies and Gents,

It is with Deep Regret that I am typing this but I feel I have no choice.

As I am sure you are all aware I am a huge A8 Enthusiast and have been ever since I fell in love with my first A8, ever since then my love has grown and my knowledge developed, as I am sure many of you know I set up Prestige and Performance LTD with a View to keep these cars on the road and far away from the scrap yard!

A short time ago I was diagnosed With a Cardiogenic Embolism " A Blood Clot on my brain" I am at high risk of a Stroke and have been advised medically to avoid anything strenuous until I am Well again and all forth coming potential operations are dealt with , all of this aside P&P Has been struggling financially and given the circumstances and various other issues that have happened over the course of the last few weeks It is with Deep regret that I am no longer trading under that address.

It has come to my attention recently that A8 parts "Prestige motor services" has Wrongly been associated with P&P, This is not exactly clear why as most of my customers are also friends and forum members who all have my personal mobile number.

I am not in the habit of airing dirty laundry on a public forum however I feel I have nothing to hide and would rather be honest with everyone "Judge me as you will"

Prestige and performance was a month in arrears with rent payment on the premise "Sadly did not help that a customer owed a large sum of money that would have covered this" While I was away my land lord felt the Need to enter my premises and take position of all my goods.( Sadly this also included all of my personal possessions as I had Just moved to a smaller house only 3 days prior and was not yet due to collect the keys until my return. So yes I returned to find not only is my business/Lively hood gone but all my belongings with it, I now have a suitcase of clothes and my beloved A8 to my name.

Sadly this has now caused a concern for alarm to the Forum Owners and Mods as to my integrity as a Forum member, As I type this it may well be the very last post I make before I am removed as a Member.

There seems to be this impression that I have wronged many users of the Forum, If I have then I formally Apologise to each and every one of you! This has never been my intention in fact I go above and beyond to help everyone I can, I would very much appreciate your support at this point as I know of many of you I have helped out, I will not name people but weather its Travelling half way across the country to help out with a car stuck on a drive way or if I have missed Family meals working Till 3am to ensure a crank shaft sensor is changed to get a Car is back on the road. now is the time to speak up, I have physically ruined relationships because of this dam obsession with A8s and wanting to help others and this is the Straw that will break the camel's Back now. and for me this makes the decision whether to carry on helping or to walk away from it all and realise enough is enough.

I love A8's and I love this Hobby that I am lucky to share with everyone on this forum and I truly will be sad if the Forum Admins and sponsors decide it's in their best interest to remove me.

I fully understand that from a Business point of view for A8 parts this has been unacceptable and again I formally apologies if this has caused them any problems, however Business aside I would like to remain a member of this Forum simply as a user like everyone else.

Another Further statement I would like to make is that Prestige & Performance LTD Have at no point ever Broken A8's for Parts for Resale or other reasons and its soul business was the repair and maintenance of A8's

I request that anyone that has had me repair anything on their A8 please Post with Comments of my Workmanship and integrity and similarly if anyone has any issues with work I have carried out please do Post, I would like this to be as Transparent as possible now so that I can hopefully continue to attend meets and contribute to the forum.

Thank you for your time reading this, and I thank you all for many wonderful years of attending well organised and well sponsored meets.

All the best Warm Regards Guy

any issues or contact required please use the link to the website and email in .

Last edited by daviesbike; 26th May 2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 26th May 2016, 06:14 PM

What on earth is going on here?
This is the best forum I have ever been involved in.
Who has had a problem with Guy and his service, and what are the details?
We have always found Guy honest, trustworthy, over helpful and prompt with all that he has done for us.
What more can one ask for?
I for one do not want Guy to be excluded or feel that he needs to remove himself from the forum.
Without going into any detail we have full knowledge of the very unsociable hours and distances covered by Guy in his efforts to help other 8 owners.
Guy please do not act hastily, we are looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 26th May 2016, 06:17 PM

I have only owned an A8 for 6 months but I traveled from London to Wiltshire to have my gearbox fluid and diff oils changed by Guy. The car was serviced professionally and sympathetically and I am very happy with the service. Furthermore Guy has spent a few hours in total over these past months helping me with questions I had regarding the car for which I am very appreciative. I am saddened tolearn of his woes both personally and professionally, and I for one wish you all the very best Guy!

Thank you.

Christer
Old 26th May 2016, 06:25 PM

Not sure where these comments come from or on what they are based. Certainly not on anything I read on this forum. On the contrary. The fact that forum members have used your workshop and advice means that your knowledge of Audi and A8's is greatly valued and sought after by many... Your true passion for A8's is clear for all to see.

And yes, from my own perspective, you have helped me out many a time and always gave me excellent and professional advice and service (even if you talked yourself out of some business sometimes)

Sorry to hear about your health. Hurry up and get yourself fixed up. Not being able to "tinker" with A8's because of this will be hard for you I am sure.

Mario Andretti quote is apt here: "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"
2012 A6 3.0 TDI Avant, Silver, 7 Spd STronic, Bose, ACC, Advanced Parking Camera, Power close / open tailgate, Side and Lane Assist, AMI & Jukebox, Adaptive lights with corner and high beam assist, Through load with ski bag, Audi pre sense plus, sports diff and sport suspension, Panoramic roof, Storage pack, MMI touchpad and VIM, etc. Oh and now retro fit rear seat entertainment

2019 BMW I3. Heat pump, Winter, professional and comfort packs, Harmon Kardon, autopilot

2022 Mercedes EQC 400

Previously: 2009 S8, Silver, B&O, Ceramic Brakes, Advanced Parking Camera, VCDS
2008 A8 3.0 Tdi sport, B&O

Last edited by kele; 26th May 2016 at 06:43 PM.
Old 26th May 2016, 07:18 PM

Hi Guy . Sorry to hear about the health issues. And all the issues that are taking place at the moment.

I have known Guy now for well over a year and I can fully vouch for his integrity and honesty.

He's got me out of a couple of situations before where he has driven all the way from Wiltshire after work to London and headed back well after midnight. That's commitment.

I have also done some work for Guy at the garage and seen how he is with customers that's why I personally only take my Audi to him for any work and will not go anywhere else in the knowledge that his experience and attention to detail is second to none.

It would be a shame if his is to be excluded from here and I cannot see why he should be.

Get well soon and hurry back as we all have A8's to look after..

Del
Old 26th May 2016, 07:41 PM

I can also say i have now known Guy for a few years now and over this time he has worked on my W12 on quite a few occasions. Everything he has ever done has been of good quality and always done right. I have often bought parts from A8parts and Guy has fitted them for me. It has always been a pleasure taking my car to him and i have always returned home a happy customer. If circumstances changed then i would happily take my car back to him for more work / upgrades doing.
It's always been a pleasure meeting you Guy and thanks also for the constant advice you have given me over the phone. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks Darren
Old 26th May 2016, 08:28 PM

Can i also add that Guy has never been a part of the company "A8Parts" (Prestige Motor Services) and has never pretended to be. He had a totaly independant company based in Swindon doing servicing and upgrades to Audi A8's
He never broke cars for parts and to my knowledge never tried to sell parts other than the ones that he would fit in A8's for servicing or upgrades.
I don't know what has happened with other customers but i personaly have never had any problems with Guy or his workmanship.
Old 26th May 2016, 08:40 PM

+1 to what Darren says.
I will certainly continue to use Guy's services.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 26th May 2016, 08:40 PM

Guy, I've not had any dealings with you personally, but I've heard your name mentioned on the forum often and it's always been in a positive light.

I may be wrong, but I think the original post may have had as it's impetus the couple of comments recently about gearbox rebuilds in Swindon? I recall posts that had said they had become unresponsive to attempts at contact. I'm only linking the place name, so I apologise if I'm getting you confused.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles at the moment. I wish you happier (and healthier) times ahead, not in the least because I look forward to you working on my car.

2008 Audi S8
Closed Thread