A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 31st March 2011, 10:02 PM

Default D3 Spec

Anyone know the standard spec on a D3? I've seen a few with 'Xenon Plus' lights. How can you distinguish between Xenon plus and standard Xenons?
Were blinds standard? Educate me please.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 1st April 2011, 08:41 AM

Blinds weren't standard.. Nor was keyless, or ACC

You can get some pretty poverty spec D3s (as it were).

If you're looking.. Make sure it's got TV (even if it's analogue as you need that if you want to retrofit camera, or AV inputs). Not sure if Nav was standard on all models or not.

I assume you're looking at 4.2/4.0 petrol/diesels, they should have a half decent spec in them.

Things you really want to have, (IMHO)..

- Keyless entry & Go
- ACC (though it's not too scary to retrofit apparently, just not too cheap)
- TV (as I said, ideally Digital, but hey..)
- Bose (or B&O depending on how new)
- Ideally AMI (but a doddle to retrofit)
- Sports suspension
- Sports seats (though after sitting in Brian's D2 the other day, I still prefer the D2 seats)
- non-diamond-cut wheels. They look great, but the lacquer just falls apart and the centre caps corrode really quickly too.

Anything else is a nice to have... like the 4-zone climate (got that), blinds, extended leather, etc.

I know.. I know..

Old 1st April 2011, 12:01 PM

No blinds arn't standard, I think they might be in the LWB, but to have them electrically operated like mine thats an option. I think maybe the rear blind (back window) is std though? I may be wrong???

Comfort seat package = awesome!

As above TV a must, **** nav is standard I think.

1 thing to stay away from is the fingerprint recognition, it's useless a the best of times....

You normally find it's the LWB models that have more spec due to hem being ordered by chauffeurs from new.

Edit: Xenon plus will have cornering lights also.

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.

Last edited by A8L Chick; 1st April 2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 1st April 2011, 01:15 PM

Thanks guys, that's interesting to know. Hey, I was thinking about a D3. Until I got an insurance quote. £4k. S8 is only £1.7k now. That was the diesel I'll see if the petrol is any different.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 1st April 2011, 01:34 PM

The finger print bit of the keyless go can be a pain, but it's the keyless bit that's good. And I don't think you can get keyless go without the fingerprint in earlier ones.

Rear blind was an option too (mine doesn't have it).

Stramge your insurance quote was so much more for the D3, mine was about the same (though maybe the age loading is huge).

I know.. I know..

Old 1st April 2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
The finger print bit of the keyless go can be a pain, but it's the keyless bit that's good. And I don't think you can get keyless go without the fingerprint in earlier ones.

Rear blind was an option too (mine doesn't have it).

Stramge your insurance quote was so much more for the D3, mine was about the same (though maybe the age loading is huge).
Aah i didn't realise the rear window blind was an option also my apologies

I know a friend of mine has keyless go without fingerprint reco on an 06, mine is an 07 which i also keyless go without the fingerprint.

Any earlier than that then I dont know either.

Insurance is a stinger, being 24 they are over 2k each

I will be past it next month (25 ) so hopefully it'll take a massive plummet but I am not holding my breath!

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 1st April 2011, 01:58 PM

Fingers crossed for you, but didn't a new law come into place that wouldn't give ladies a cheaper premium as it was discrimination of gender, so it could go either way? Seen some nicely spec'd ones but I only want one with adaptive cruise. A D3 might be a while of for me anyhow. I can dream.
Old 1st April 2011, 02:56 PM

I don't think it's to do with gender, generally I have nothing bad going for me with insurance, my post code is the lowest risk, never claimed (not even for a windscreen), never had an accident in a car, hold a full bike licence (which I am pretty sure makes a difference, have use of more than 1 other vehicle etc etc. Age is really my only downfall.

My premium did rise this year by about £400, but I think everyones did, not just mine.

My insurance in public hire anyway so slightly different than regular premiums for private use.

Old 1st April 2011, 03:42 PM

Yeah.. Taxi insurance went up a good chunk recently.

I didn't realise they did the non-fingerprint keyless that far back though.

I know.. I know..

Old 3rd April 2011, 07:31 PM

Isn't the newer facelift cars do away with fingerprint all together?