A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Old 13th April 2011, 10:13 AM

Default After market blinds anyone? anywhere?

Well we're off on the first family holiday next week and the Mrs is nagging me about blinds to protect our young son for the 5 hour journey to Cornwall. The D3 didn't come with factory fit blinds and I'm having no luck finding tailored ones on the net. I just don't fancy having winnie the pooh staring at me every time I walk up the the car and most I've found in the shops are too small, anyone found anything useful?

I'd do the retro fit of the factory ones but have not found any in the correct trim colour; cream...

Thanks people!
Old 13th April 2011, 05:09 PM

I've used vanstyle.co.uk in the past on previous cars and found their tailored blinds excellent though pricey.

I see from their site they don't list anything for the D3

http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/index...2729_2760_2762

but it may be worth a call to them to see if they can do anything for you.

HTH
Factory: Adaptive lights with coming home function, 19" wheels, Solar Sunroof, Bose, Nav, TV, Paddle shift sports wheel, sports suspension, sports seats, rear seats with electric lumbar adjustment, heated seats and climate all round, ski hatch, int light pack, auto dip/fold mirrors, voice command, cordless phone, wooden gear knob, towbar, power boot lid

After: LPG, AMI with HDD

Pending: DVB-T Tuner & fixing niggles
Old 14th April 2011, 03:32 PM

I also contacted them and they replied saying "nothing for the D3 sorry"

I would have had them otherwise as they did look good quality/fit.

Thanks anyhoo
Old 14th April 2011, 05:24 PM

i also had a search round, when girlfriend made me put horrible plastic suctions cups on my windows, couldnt find any for the D3, retrofitting sounds hard so ive been looking at tints instead.

comes out at £200 - £250 for all windows on a D3, but its either that or suction cups.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 15th April 2011, 10:43 AM

Err suckers! So it seems nobody has decent blinds, not sure I want to do the gangster tints either. Oh well Winnie the Pooh its is...
Old 15th April 2011, 01:02 PM

you dont have to go for the complete limo tints, they have some smoky ones that dont black out but still protect from the uv rays etc, gotta be better than winnie
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 16th April 2011, 09:56 AM

id go with tints, my baby is fine in the back (even the front) even on long journeys.

ive got 20% rear and 35% front.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2411
Old 16th April 2011, 11:10 AM

That looks good, even better, think ive talked the girlfriend in to paying for it for my birthday in a couple of weeks time.

Old 25th April 2011, 12:56 AM

looks like vanstyle have got some D3 fitted car shades in stock now as well as D2 ones - both at under £90

D2 ones HERE

D3 ones HERE

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 25th April 2011, 07:37 AM

have to admit , they do look good